Skip to main content

Can I live your life for you??

What happens when a lot of people are pointing out the right way you ought to live for you? The moment someone says "it's done this way" and another tell you "that way would be better" All you put yourself to is simply FRUSTRATION.

Generally speaking, we love acceptance as human beings. We want to do things that would make people proudly have our backs and say yes, that's my friend or that's my child.

The moment we crave for people's acceptance, we tend to be vulnerable by giving ears to what people around us say so that when they tell us they don't like what we've done, we just at times gullibly adjust that thing even when we knew we had done nothing wrong.

This act is referred to as PEOPLE- PLEASING. 

It happens when we are so conscious of what people might say about us so as not to break ties with friends or loved ones. 

When people around us notice this vulnerability, they would be delighted in tossing us to and fro like they do to coins with the mindset of "she will do whatever I tell her or he doesn't probe my opinions and so wouldn't do otherwise."

Just like some people would say that they've got the remote control of some set of people in their hands which means whatever they command of such people at the snap of their hands would be done without any form of questioning or interrogation.

Imagine living this kind of life where you are so predictable and you've turned into an object of ridicule all because you value those around you thereby turning yourself into a very flexible dull person.

I don't know if you hold the same philosophy I hold about life that simply states "LIVE AND LET LIVE." 

Life is supposed to be lived individually not because you don't want to get some people angry at you or because you don't want them out of your life, you swallow every bitter pill they give to you and just go like a sheep without a shepherd. 

It's only a person without directions and goals for his or her life that would let how others define him or her thereby going about with such external definitions.

It's your work to define you and carry that everywhere. 

People could actually point out what they've noticed or how they feel you should have done something better but you shouldn't just change that at the expense of your own dear life and happiness.

Darling! You've got to do whatever you find joy in, whatever you're passionate about, whatever makes you better not what they feel would make you better.

I guess you understand the difference?

Nevertheless, staying true to yourself and pleasing yourself shouldn't be an avenue for threading the wrong path all because it's your life to live, that would be a worse punishment than people dictating how you're to live for you.

Understand your purpose and live your life by that purpose not the laid down principles by the society, parents, friends and so on.

People-Pleasing is a trap that you shouldn't dread fall into.

Have A Beautiful Week.❤❤

Virtual hugs 🤗 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress