Skip to main content

Time check🕕


On the part of self assessment, are you doing worse or better? Can you be sincere with yourself please?


To be honest, setting goals is easy but working in tandem with that goal is a bit hard.


Let me remind you in case you've forgotten of the resolution(s) you made in the beginning of this year. Remember how you listed this and that, what you'll stop and you'll start, what you planned to do and how you intend achieving it. 


You must have been so up to it in first few days of January but can you see June has wrapped up and we've moved to the second half of the year in no time, what's up with all those things?


Maybe I should kukuma do aproko about a girl called Lollycious. This is meant to be confidential, please don't tell her o.


So, it happened that when she was checking through her resolution list, she's supposed to have read at least 12 books by June (i.e minimum of 2books per month) but you see her ehn, she has only read 3, thinking she would still meet up before the year rolls up with 24 books altogether. Lielie.


As she is presently, she can hardly read a book in a month. Omoooooh. While assessing herself recently, she realised her reading momentum isn't balanced any longer.


Away from her matter sha. My nigga, with the look of things, are you on track or out?


I hope you know that self assessment is self evaluation and appraisal. Just before others do that for you, you should be able to grade yourself.


Self assessment could be done weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, twice a year or however way you want it. By the way, it should be regular. The koko of the matter is for you to take time to rate yourself.


It's not really okay to just live a roller coaster life, there should be moments of pause and reasoning. The moments where one juxtaposes what is happening to what one really is doing. It is a time check moment.


I really do not have much to say because I'm not you and you're not me, of course. But I'm only bothered about your progress. Pause and think about it, are you really what you ought to be doing or lemme say what you've proposed in your mind to do?


Those things you have promised yourself not to do ever again, hope it's not as if you're still engaging in them consciously or unconsciously?


And the things you have made up your mind to do, how far? Shey you don start ahbi I should mind my business? Lol. You know I can't mind my business fully. 


I want this to serve as a reminder for you and me. Don't compromise, don't be complacent, don't go back to what you've once disregarded.


Guys, do well to assess yourself more often. Be careful to spot the changes within you and don't waste time in adjusting the negatives. It's half of the year already and yeah, you can still be a better you.


Don't forget I sell men's fabrics and for your information, Ileya (Eid) promo is going on sha. www.instagram.com/lollycious_d_clothier


Virtual hugs FAM 🤗🤗🤗


Comments

  1. This got me oo😪😪
    Thanks Lollycious for this piece.
    Your write-ups come at the right time.😪😘💖.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress