Skip to main content

AYINLAthemovie🎥


I think this is like the first time a movie will be out in the cinema and I'll go see it almost immediately (the following day). Most times, I go after a week cos of the fear of crowded cinemas but this time, I could not wait.

Fam, I got to see #ÀYÌNLÁthemovie last weekend and all I can say is the hype is worth it.

Why did I rush to see the movie? Could it be because I was so confident in the directing role of the veteran Tunde 'TK' Kelani? Or because the producer Jade Osiberu (Producer of Sugar Rush starring Banky W, Adesua Etomi, Bisola Aiyeola, Bimbo Ademoye, Toke Makinwa, e.t.c ) or maybe just because my crush Lateef Adedimeji is out here again to give us another angle to his versatility. All I knew was, I wanted to see the movie myself before someone starts narrating it for me and yes, I sure did.


I felt in love with the combination of both art and science. Art in the aspect of creativity. How Jade Osiberu was able to explore the life and death of the Apala music maestro Ayinla 'Omowura' Yusuf known as Egunmogaji Anigilaje. Art also in the African-Yoruba culture that's evidently portrayed. 

The Language, the music, the dressing, the currency notes, the hairdo, the props and scenery all testified to the 1970s.

The science is the movie production aspect. The contrast, the movie editing which must have been painstakingly done indicated the science part. I love the journalism aspect too, it seemed at first as if I was the journalist in the movie. Lol.

I love the memory the movie brought. Even though I was not born at that time, it showed me what it looked like be a millennial. There were no mobile phones and people were still happy. Damn.....The way they socialize was to show up at parties, evening most times and move their body to 'jelenke' music performed live.

Lateef Adedimeji who played the role of AYINLA did well speaking with the native tongue and learning the lyrics of Ayinla's songs cos of the way his lips synced. He played the role beautifully and passionately.

There isn't a perfect person anywhere, we all have the good, bad and ugly sides. The good lessons I learnt: First thing I would say is Ayinla was talented. He didn't just sing but did to address issues that are of concern to many. If I may ask, Do you think that talent of yours is for you alone? 

He was proud of himself and where he came from. Even though many may have addressed him as a local champion then, that didn't stop him from hyping himself in his songs and he would even mention Abeokuta where he hails from severally. Many people nowadays, small money on them would cause them to break ties with family, friends and relatives and start claiming elites. I pity you!

He catered for his family. Even though he was polygamous, he gave them a shelter and was available. Celebrities like him nowadays no longer sleep at home, they turn out extremely kind to outsiders but are thorns to their immediate family members.

Hmmmmmm, Ayinla kinda likes women and that was almost what led to his death. If he had not had any affair with Deborah (his manager's babe whom he introduced as his cousin), there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding between himself and his manager. It was in the process of reconciliation that he got hit on the head with a beer mug by Bayowa(his manager) which cost his life.

Another thing was failure to heed to his priest's warning. He had been earlier cautioned to avoid fights but he couldn't let go when his ego was hurt at the bar by an ordinary person. He was like 'Does this one even know whom he's rubbishing anyhow?'

You see, I've never read about whom Ayinla was or even intentionally listened to his music but the movie answered my questions about the man. The movie ended as a tragedy and I was so emotional.

He was supposed to have gone for "Ayinla in London" musical show which everyone including himself was eagerly anticipating but he couldn't. He died at a tender age without seeing that glory. 

Seeing that, I immediately turned it into a prayer point. Father Lord, I will not die untimely. I will not just see my glory from afar, I will enjoy my glory and splendor in it.

Ayinla 'Omowura' Yusuf only lived for 47 years but his memories linger. Till date, a lot of our elderly people still can't trade his music for anything.

I owe the actors accolades. People like Kunle Afolayan (whose role was to take Ayinla to perform Apala genre in London) Debo Macaroni (Bayowa- Ayinla's manager) Omowunmi Dada, Jumoke Odetola, Bimbo Ademoye, Bimbo Manuel and a list of others.

This is a call to nollywood actors that we need more creative and lessons-filled movies as such. 

Go see the movie and tell me what you feel.

Virtual hugs FAM 🤗🤗🤗

Comments

  1. Oh my God 🤭🤭 I love this; I feel like I should keep reading it on and on ; You were explicit enough 💕💕. Kudos to you Lollycious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check the list of music on my phone and u will find Ayinla Omowura more than 16 why? Because in all his music there is a message he always pass. I was born in 90s and am familiar with his song. Music tittle Isele and so on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already planned to watch the movie but this article really clinched me to the storyline. When next are they showing this movie i need to give my eye food jare.

    Nice one from lollycious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed a prolific writer ! I love the the transition from the first paragraph to the last .❣️����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot