Skip to main content

TECNO way📱



Firstly, I would like to applaud people that believe in my potentials. You guys are the best. Do you know what it feels like for your friend to reach out to you and say ''Lollycious, I saw something online about this thing, you should give it a shot.''


Especially about modelling and broadcast presentation, I would always see someone to send me the e-flier of one thing or the other. If you've been doing this, I do not take this for granted and all your acts of kindness would be repaid in due season.


This TECNO Ambassador of a thing isn't a destination but a journey. I would not want to sound like a motivational speaker if I should start saying ''If you believe you can, you can'' even though that's like the reality of how I got here.


Although, I'm not really where you all thought I am but I know I'm on the road to stardom and God's grace will lift us all beyond our imaginations.


To begin with, modelling started as a part time career for me in 2017. I've always been a picture freak person, wanting to be seen and heard at the same time. Even before I knew what it entails, I would always tell people I'm a model. Lol


About that time, they had placed an electronic billboard at Iwo road (for those who know Ibadan in Oyo state) which displayed adverts of all kinds and the faces on the adverts have been stirring something in me to also be the face of brands on the billboard.


I remembered I had picked the email of the company that owned the billboard so I could message them that I can be the face of their billboard but somehow, I couldn't send the mail due to my naivety.


Fast forward to April 2018. A brother who happened to be my very good friend took my first official shoot. As a photographer, I had disturbed him that I needed to take some studio photographs to boost my modelling portfolio and he accepted to as he has always been persuading me to focus on the career being a beautiful black girl.



The modelling shoot turned birthday shoot because I lacked orientation but I still meauuved. As in. I went ahead to register for Queen Moremi Ajasoro pageantry competition and Queen Culture Nigeria convened by my darling sister, Dr Blessing Animasaun. I wasn't lucky in any.


I pushed harder on social media in 2019 where I gingered myself that I could be a freelance model and still blow. I sent DMs to Makeup artistes, some replied and some ignored. All the efforts seeming somehow, I started sending DMs to modelling organizations too, even mails. Nothing nothing.


It dawned on me that maybe I just do not have what it takes to be selected by all those I reached. I was feeling inferior to the other models pictures I see. I looked at myself more in the mirror and whisper to myself ''babe, you black no be small o'' ''babe, true true your head big o'' ''omoooooh, you no fine sha'' 


Well, that didn't stop me from taking nice pictures and participating in anything reasonable. 


Oh, did I even mention I was duped? I had participated in a photo contest together with some ladies. We were added to a WhatsApp group and were told the contestant with the highest paid vote wins. People voted for me and I added some money too but after some days we were all removed from the group, I searched their IG page and nothing came up. I was becoming desperate to be called Queen or Face of so so so and I cried. Like WTF!


I had just been busy doing free collaborative shoots since.


Booooom. A friend had sent me the TECNO student Ambassador flier and asked me to participate. It lingered for some days before I decided to convince myself that my entry won't be a futile one like the other past ones. 


When I noticed the likes I got for the entry was little, I zeroed my mind but damn, it was not by likes, it was by being creative. Made it to top 20 and then to top 10. My four years dream of being a brand ambassador finally came through.


This story isn't in any way to boast, it's just to encourage one another about persistence. You see that good thing you're passionate about, don't stop doing it. Just one day, it will pay off!


That dream will come through as long as you don't relent, compromise or being complacent. It's an honour working with one of the biggest global brand.

 

With love from a TECNO Spark Ambassador: Lollycious, your Sagacious local girl.


Virtual hugs FAM 🤗🤗🤗




Comments

  1. This is worth reading, in the early hours of a day. Congratulations sis, it's just the beginning. Keep the zeal and do not be distracted. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations the 77th time.
    I'm still waiting for the phone giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress