Skip to main content

The Vendor🧥




Like I said in my previous post, a lot has happened while I was away which I've planned updating you.


So, it won't be as though I am stingy, I'm presently taking watermelon as I type this and it won't be bad if you have a bite of the fruit too. Lol


I had the intention of eating banana because of what I had felt in my throat but since I couldn't get it, I opted for watermelon sha to help push the dryness I'm feeling in my oesophagus away.


Ehhhhhm, I've not been reading books as I ought to these days, it's been looking as if the 24hours a day is not enough even though I sleep for like 6hours.


But the thing is, I decided to act out some of the books I've read in the past. Among which were: Smart Money Woman, Richest Man in Babylon and Rich Dad Poor Dad. I'm sure you would know for sure these three books are majorly about finances (if only you have read them though).


The most constant sentence in those books was keeping a part of one's earnings by investing into something worthwhile, just as getting a shelter before raining days. 


Although those words made sense but where is the money I have not to talk of saving a part? The whole stuff in the books looked like they were being referred to someone else because there were times I would just hiss at myself like ''Lola, why did you even pick up this book to read? Which finance do you have? You've not even started working.''


But because I don't like reading books halfway, I would still find myself reading to the end. Then, I would assure myself I was going to apply the principles I've learnt when I start making my own money (which I don't even know when it would be as at last year). Something will tell me immediately that I would have forgotten those principles by then but I will snap back by saying "I can always read the books again now" Chai, Lollycious na cruise abeg🤣


Wait fess, my eyes saw pepper last year o. Those books and social media made it look as though I was not serious with my life. Like, the lockdown reset so many people's brain and you just see that there are businesses here and there, even to people least expected.


Sheybi it is talk talk I know and then pictures that I came to snap in this world when people are cashing out massively. Unbothered me is still eating free food and collecting 2k pocket money from daddy so, I no understand the hustle.


Chill, it's not as if I don't have skills that I could monetize o but I just haven't gotten the full drive. I'm into broadcast media, I'm sure you know.


Apart from the fundamental digital marketing skill I possess (Google certified) which I intended to advance on Coursera, edx or Allison, I'm a copy writer, a voice actor, a model (part-time though).


The fact that being a techpreneur appeals to me, I still wanted to be a normal entrepreneur and be "eyeing" tech from afar. I had several options: Fashion designing runs in the blood, all of us can sew (Dad inclusive) The fact that two of my sisters plus mum major in it, it was seeming crowded to me already. Then, you see baking ehn (it runs in the blood too technically) I love it but the stress is not for me.


I've tried weighing barbing, shoe making and knitting too but they all looked blurry. I gave up to concentrate on techpreneur but I didn't take any action.


Earlier this year, I thought ''Lola, what will be your side hustle?'' Laslas, I got the answer. Fabrics! I didn't know if it was to be men's or women's or unisex, all I know was Lola, you will be selling fabrics o.


April 14th birthed LOLLYCIOUS DA CLOTHIER... excellent clothings for unique men 💯 and today marks two month of her existence. Well, I believe in expansion, I believe in growth. You never knew if I would be making it a unisex store by tomorrow but I trust God who says ''even my beginning may be small but my latter shall greatly."


I've come to understand that God didn't say He would help me to lift my legs, He said he would order my steps. Which means I should even be the one to take the first move.


Well, I just wanted to remind you of my fabrics business and tell you if you've not heard about it at all.


Check out my business pages

www.facebook.com/lollyciousdaclothier

www.instagram.com/lollycious_d_clothier

T for Thanks


Virtual hugs FAM 🤗🤗🤗

Comments

  1. ... do not despise little begining, it is the joy of the Father to make you great! Keep pushing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress