Skip to main content

Women👩👧




 Most times we often depict the female gender as vulnerable. They are exposed to danger and all form of ill treatment in the society.


I could remember a speech I delivered to my fellow coursemstes some years back in an English Presentation class. It was titled ''You're invaluable as a woman'' and it was targeted at appreciating the female gender. Coming from a family of six where my dad was the only male, I was so interested in the topic which made me treat it personally.



Well, I believe by now we should have debunked the ancient myths of ''female children do not need formal education'' or ''a girl child will end up being in the kitchen'' and so on. Even though President Buhari once made a statement that undermined the female gender particularly about the First lady belonging to the other room. He retracted his words later but we all know the school of thought to which he belong.


Women go through a lot, let's be factual about it. There is a saying in the Yoruba land about women taking responsibility for improper upbringing of children. They will say ''omo to ba da ni ti baba, omo ti ko da no t'iya'' meaning the father gets the credit for a well trained child while the mother gets the blame for a child not well brought up.


Imagine some tribe accusing the wife of a deceased for killing the husband and then making her go through a lot of traditional rites for something she knew absolutely nothing about. Some would take the children away, they would go extra miles to take over the properties which was jointly accumulated by the wife and late husband. If after so many years this kind of woman decides to remarry, people especially from her late husband's family will still badmouth her for taking such healing steps.


Such would never happen the other way round, a widower can not be sent packing from the house even if all he has belonged to the late wife. He could decide to take in another wife in a couple of months to show he has moved on really fast.


That vividly shows how high we esteem the male gender. Omoooooh.


You see parents advise the boys to be strong but the girls are told to be calm and kind because they are girls. That's the stereotype which the society has been conformed to.


Whatever it is you might be limiting your thoughts to about girls, ladies and women generally, it should stop now! You've got to upgrade and be updated that women are not the weaklings you thought they were. 


This write-up isn't to debate the importance of a gender over the other, it's just to emphasize the need why we should esteem the female gender and not overlook their impact. Should I burst your brain a little? Women are gold.


Imagine God didn't create Eve and we have only Adams on earth, I mean just men o. Swears ehn, nothing go balance o.


It's all in the news how women are making exploits daily all around the world. Haven't you seen a motivation for yourself yet? As a man, this should ginger you to train your female children well including your siblings.


Just like Kamala Harris, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Prof. Ibukun Awosika, Osaretin Demuren, Aisha Yesufu and a host of others, I, Omolola Olawale have also chosen to challenge. #ichoosetochallenge


It's not just enough to be a lady, it's more than enough to make tremendous impacts in whichever sector you are. Politics, entertainment, business, entrepreneurship, academics, sports and more.


To the traumatised women out there who could no longer push forward to their dreams and aspirations due to hurts of any kind, may you find swift healing. My heart is out to you all.


I celebrate you women of all shapes, colour, tribe, gender, race and religion. You are loved, cherished and celebrated.


Once again, Happy International Women's Day.


Virtual hugs FAM🤗🤗🤗

Comments

  1. I come dey feel like say make I turn woman 😂😂😂 nice write up 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiles.
      No turn Bobrisky sha, you're doing well as a man too.

      Delete
  2. Women deserve to be appreciated every time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, good women should be appreciated every time!

      Delete
  3. God bless you for me. I absolutely stand with you. Women are gold indeed in fact a great piece from God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot