Skip to main content

Frenemies😡



 Like play like play, my school and other tertiary institutions in the state have been on four weeks strike already and our able governor hasn't yet said anything.


Me that I was already counting down to my signing out day and when I will start wearing NYSC khaki, now I've got to extend it indefinitely. It is well sha.


Well, the strike hasn't necessarily made me jobless but I've watched three Korean seasonal movies within a week. The last time I enjoyed watching films at a stretch was in secondary school through admission seeking days, the likes of Boys before flower, Jumong and so much more. I started calling myself Reporter Lee. Lol


Among the ones I watched this past week was one traditional Korean film. I do not know if you're a fan of Korean films but traditional film revolves round the king, the crown prince, the two factions that influence the King's decree (Chiefs), the noble families and the low class citizens. 


The friend of the King whom is one of the Chiefs was being mischievous and was getting others to his side so they could dethrone the King. Just because he's been with the King for twenty years, he knew the King would easily do whatever he suggests which would be for his own selfish desires.


He became extremely cunning since he knows some secrets about the King. He was then at the verge of dethroning his long time friend before his evil plan was exposed by those he earlier conspired with. 


I didn't intend reviewing the movie o, I was just so concerned about how people who are so close to us can either make or mar us. 


Not even outsiders were plotting against the King, it was the closest friend that rebelled. I'm sure it didn't surprise you cos if I was to ask you, you would have a lot to tell about those close ones of yours that have shown you pepper. Set awon ''frenemies.''


The ones that would hear someone need your service but would pretend they would intentionally cut you off that. 


Many a time, insiders are responsible for a person's downfall. They know you so well, they know your weakness as in how a gulp of alcohol intoxicates and makes you vulnerable to their demands, they know what you're forbidden to do, they even know your mother's maiden name. Lmao.


In fact, those you move with matter gan and even if you're an introvert you can't be an island. You need people! And it's that person you least expect to do you bad that will rub thrash in your face.


You would have watched some films where things will be going well for the protagonist. He would have an intimate friend that might not really be stable financially. Then the wife would start whispering hatred to his husband's ears, she would tell him to wise up because his friend is using his destiny. Gbagaun, the man would now start adding two plus two and see reasons why he should make his friend fall yakata.


Na so the thing dey start o. If that friend wasn't even bothered about your greatness, people would push him or her to victimize you. You'll hear them say ''shey you will be watching your friend make it and you'll sit down there doing boy-boy.''


Wait, you think I'm writing this so you could be extremely conscious of people in your closest circle? Or you think I want to share tips on how to recognise your ''frenemies''? Nope Nope Nope


If you're not careful, you could be your own greatest enemy. When you procrastinate, when you intentionally do things that are not fit for you or others and when you do the wrong thing at the wrong time.


You know what? It's time you focused on yourself than being overly sensitive to people that may want to hurt you.


Who frenemies help? If they are not careful, they will end up like Haman in the scripture, whose scheme on Mordecai, Esther and the Jews ended up on his own head like ''Back to sender.''


Whatever it is, surround yourself with people who would impact your life positively and you'll do same. Remember it should never be one sided. Keep being good, be better and strive to be your best self. I believe you've got so many things you want to fix and much money you want to make than to be bothered about who your frenemies are.


 Virtual hugs FAM🤗🤗🤗

Comments

  1. Na normal thing to have frienemies ooooo. But Las Las they're there to bring out the best in us.

    Because they're friends with bad intentions, they have a way of shooting themselves.


    Keep the fire burning dear, lovely piece you got here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress