Skip to main content

Something big🔘




We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist.


Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more.


So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big.


Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.''


But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress and it turned out to be so much bigger than your size, will you still like it? It's a NO for me. During my early teenage years, I could remember my mum bought a children's day T-shirt for me from one of the churches around. Worst thing I was already claiming a big girl in SS1 then, you know what? It was an extra large size and even a flashy yellow T-shirt. Wtf! Till now, I never wore it.


Just like the case above, some big things aren't beneficial to us. The offer could look so attractive but at the long run, it's not for us.


There's a quote that says ''to whom much is given, much is expected.'' If two people placed an urgent call to you at a time, one normally gives you about fifty thousand naira monthly and the other gives you like five thousand naira monthly. Trust me, the attention and regard you would give to the former person would be more than that of the latter.


In essence, we get big things from them and we're to give them big things in return.


People blow their trumpets when they have big wins. Just like we are always eager to celebrate silver jubilee, golden jubilee, 20th, 30th, 40th and so on.


But guys, even when your wins are small, don't let people make it look as though they shouldn't be celebrated. A part in the scripture says ''even though your beginning may be small, your latter shall greatly increase.'' It's not until you get big offers that you feel alive because even some big offers are destructive to your being.


Big income automatically requires big expenditures. Big achievements demands big responsibilities.


I would love to share more instances though. The monthly data subscription you'll use for an iPhone may likely be higher than that of a normal smart phone. The responsibility of a secondary school teacher can't be compared to a university lecturer. O boyyyy, na big gives and big takes.


That big post you desire so much would be complemented with big responsibilities. That big money you have ehn, it indirectly signals to more people to demand more. So, do you still want big wins? I doubt you'll even say no because I don't expect you to settle for less.


There are many times when big meat might end up being full of bones though. Yea, big things can be deceptive. 


Whatever it may be, know that:

- it's good to love big things

- big things require big commitments

- big things may not be big things


I hope authentic big things locate you this month.

Happy birthday in advance to all March borns, I'm available to eat birthday cakes o.


Virtual hugs FAM🤗🤗🤗




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot