Skip to main content

Power competition💪



Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.


Let me remind you: Struggle for power is real!


Although, some do as if they never wanted to be in power but a higher percentage really want to because of what comes with it.


Look around and see what is happening even in our dear country, the chaos is always ignited by power. 


Power is the ability to control or influence others. Frankly speaking, we have different views as human beings and would always want our opinions to supercede others. Any person in power would make you do what he or she has said whether you like it or not.


Thirsting to be in power is nice but how about the motive?


It's good everyone wants to have a say, power is influence. Someone that doesn't have any power over me cannot tell me to do something.


Imagine an average Nigerian and the President of Nigeria at the same event. Who would get the most attention? Who would get the ultimate respect? We know the answer obviously.


To be in power takes effort, to stay in power takes extra effort.


The power I'm talking about here is likened to getting a leadership post or a title. Most especially, the ones that are being competed for.


To get the power makes some people go extra miles which could be negative.


OK, I hope you still remember I model? Sometimes ago, I registered for a pageantry. It was supposed to be an online voting where the contestant with the highest number of likes on Instagram wins. The owner added us to a group on  WhatsApp and was always telling us to push the traffic on our pictures individually so we can get the prize. 


Due to the funny way I used to respond on the group, he directly messaged me and we got talking. He got to know I stay in Ibadan and asked we see. I told him I can't, that the only business we have starts and ends online as the pageantry describes. He cajoled me into believing that whoever agrees to see him physically always get the prize since the competition started three years ago. Now imagine, if I was so crazy about the fantasy that comes with Miss so so so, I would have done something extra crazy and stupid.


Getting into power is difficult if all we rely on is our strengths. As long as we have the motive to show off or ''pepper them'' when we get a title, the energy we put into the process drains faster and being in such position won't yield anything tangible at the long run.


I'm saying it again, the kind of power that comes with competition shouldn't be sought for with desperation.


Power! Power!! Power!!!

Power is important but motive is ''importanter''. If the motive is wrong, you will abuse the power.


Here's another modelling incidence, a friend suggested I do a deal worth of #300 thousand cash. If I tell you what the deal entails, you'll be surprised. If I had wanted to get the title by force, I wouldn't mind then.


Currently, it's another phase of struggle for power. School politics no easy o! Each aspirant doesn't want to lose even those that do not understand the responsibilities their posts come with.


Campaign-filled days and sleepless nights. The power of this kind is a preamble of Nigeria politics. 


I hope contestants at all levels will learn to understand that when people make choices that do not favour them, they are not to go to hell. Difficult to accept fate right? But what doesn't end? It's most advisable to keep peace instead of going about with arms or fetish acts.


Power is sweet but when it's not your turn to taste, don't cause trouble. Live and let live.


For those in power too, don't get so drunken with it. Don't misbehave, fix your motive rightly and never forget the Most Powerful that's ready to judge those in power.


On this note, be the best version of yourself whether in power or not. 


Welcome to February.

Virtual hugs FAM🤗🤗🤗








Comments

  1. God is my witness... I saw the last paragraph coming in somehow.
    Wishing you the best in that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Blood Sisters 🎬

 Hey fam, Have you seen Blood sisters series on Netflix? I know the Nollywood critics would be like why the hype but calm down, it's high time we started embracing what our actors are creating so we can give both positive and negative honest criticisms that would help them do better. So I didn't want to write anything on this movie before y'all think that is it just movie review everytime. A friend also watched the movie and she just kept saying what she felt about the movie and then I just asked her to give it a shot. She hesitated at first but penned something down anyway. Kindly read up fam (Credit - AKADI MAYOWA ) Have you ever heard of the term bestie? you have one or seen duo call each other that? set awon partners in crime🤣🤣, bestie no be for mouth o, it's two friends that so much understand each other (as in they can read each other like a book) and can do anything I mean everything just to have each other's back, this is the case of Kemi and Sarah in Bloo