Skip to main content

The pause we detest⏸



As human beings, we are so much in a hurry for results. We want speed, for things to happen in a twinkle of an eye.


We want to jump steps and just make things so snappy. 


But life at times throws lemon at us, we don't often get what we want. That is the traffic congestion or hold up on our ways.


This period of waiting is the period that makes us if you'll agree with me. Even with pressure pot, rice would have still stayed a couple of minute on the cooker before it gets done. Tell me, won't you be taken aback when you put rice on the fire and it gets done almost immediately? Maybe when technology reaches that stage though.


Almost everyone has had to wait at a period in their life. Just this afternoon, I waited for several minutes at the borehole to get water. Everybody in my school at this time knows water is a great challenge.


I shared the story of my admission into tertiary institution sometimes on this blog, I waited. Mheeen, it was an ugly experience.


How something was so urgent and it got delayed or we needed to wait for it. How people promised us something and the time we needed it, it wasn't coming forth.


A normal day to day activity nkor? When you're headed for the ATM or POS outlet to withdraw the last money in your account for lunch and it just wouldn't dispense or maybe you've got to join the long queue.


Times when you had expected things to fall in place, it could be finances, marital, academics but it just won't.


When we have mapped out how we wanted our lives to look like, the years we wanted to have done certain things, the day and time and then gbish! Not feasible again. ASUU has delayed and still delaying because of the fear of Covid19 second wave, which is causing a setback in some people's lives.


I don't know the kind of delay you're experiencing or what important thing you could be waiting for, all I want you to know is ''Don't give up.'' 


How do I even tell you to still be patient when I don't know how badly you need this thing? Well, I would tell you. Yea, just a little more patience. 


Not the first track of all these celebrities you see now made a hit. Ask them when they started singing and you'll hear ''I've been singing since I was 10 or so.'' 


Patience cooks stone tenderly as they say but maybe we've just lost the waiting culture nowadays. Niggas want their cars to fly even when there's hold up. All means to make sure nothing stops or pause their shine. Hmmmmmm. Who would like to be served raw meat? We all know a cooked seasoned meat would have tasted so well. Too much speed often make us eat raw meat which might even cause purging or stooling. 


If only we could have waited a little more because other means to dogde the wait may sometimes be dangerous.


Just like what I saw some days ago, it reads ''the most annoying thing about God is that He's never in a hurry'' and that's absolutely true. He knows you need this thing but not at the moment. Who would have waited for God when there are other means to get the same result? 


In a time of waiting, don't stop acknowledging God as He who can do all things. Not easy to do though but it works. 


In a time of waiting, don't transfer aggression. It's nobody's fault.


In a time of waiting, be your best self.


And you know what? Everything that is yours will never pass you by.


As we journey 2021 together, never stop believing and trusting God for all things.


Have you had cause to wait for anything? Let me know via the comment box.


Virtual hugs FAM🤗🤗🤗

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress