Skip to main content

New Year Resolution 📝



This resolution of a thing sef, it's always somehow. Many of us pledge to do some things or even vow to stop some things at the beginning of a year but eventually we get incapacitated.


How numerous resolution get discarded by February baffles me alot sha.


Another worst thing about this is that some people even forget they made a resolution as regards a particular thing. They remember at the close of the year and promise themselves they would turn it over to the incoming year and the cycle goes on and on.


Why do we find it hard to stick by our resolutions?


According to Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, resolution may mean :

A strong will, determination.

A statement of intent, a vow.


Some people, after so many failed resolutions have given up, they want to go with the flow of ''anything goes.''


The idea isn't that bad, it is however good when we map out how we want the new year to be. Whether to inculcate new things or thrash stuff that ain't ideal.


Do you know why resolution becomes difficult? We make it unrealistic. We simply just decide ''I won't drink again'' or ''I will read 10 books in a month'' or ''I will expand my network'' or this of that.


Gosh! These and other resolutions are too gigantic. To make your resolutions fruitful and achievable, start little by little.


When I read the book 'Power of Less' by Leo Babauta, I understood the concept of SIMPLICITY.



Resolution isn't just making enormous lists on what to do and what not to do, it's being specific.


To enhance a productive yearly resolution, it has to start from daily resolutions. If you ask a six year old child to read 1 to 10 for you and then he says 1, 3, 10. Would you be satisfied? No. He's meant to say the numbers one after the other till he gets to 10.


That's how resolution is, you simplify your resolution. You start from the easiest and then you go deeper till it becomes a part of you.


For someone that wants to shed weight, it would sound so funny to me if you tell me you want to start having a meal per day and walk 20kilometres a day. It's not realistic. Giving up would be so convenient.


Like the book instance I gave earlier, you can't say you want to read 10books in a month for a start. Even if you were able to read the books, you may just find out you read it for reading sake because you wanted to meet a deadline.


Permit me to use the cliché 'Rome wasn't built in a day' The best writers and readers in the world today didn't start off from reading 100 books in a month. They started reading and it became part of them. Now, they can't stop it.


Simplify your resolution so it won't scare you away. Choose the essentials and focus.


Don't make the year so clumsy. If it's only three things you want to work on, fine. Don't list 100 things which you wouldn't be able to do.


My dear, start small o. Simplify your resolution. Don't forget, yearly resolution is a daily resolution. You'll continue next year from where you stopped this year. 


You know, resolution is aimed at making you better, it's not what you do in a year and stop. Make it continuous. If you succeeded in reading 20 books a year, it could be 40 the next year and that's how it goes.


Do you have resolution (s)?

Would you mind sharing your 2021 resolution with me?


Happy new year FAM❤

Virtual hugsss🤗🤗🤗



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blood Sisters 🎬

 Hey fam, Have you seen Blood sisters series on Netflix? I know the Nollywood critics would be like why the hype but calm down, it's high time we started embracing what our actors are creating so we can give both positive and negative honest criticisms that would help them do better. So I didn't want to write anything on this movie before y'all think that is it just movie review everytime. A friend also watched the movie and she just kept saying what she felt about the movie and then I just asked her to give it a shot. She hesitated at first but penned something down anyway. Kindly read up fam (Credit - AKADI MAYOWA ) Have you ever heard of the term bestie? you have one or seen duo call each other that? set awon partners in crime🤣🤣, bestie no be for mouth o, it's two friends that so much understand each other (as in they can read each other like a book) and can do anything I mean everything just to have each other's back, this is the case of Kemi and Sarah in Bloo

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Pseudointellectual 🤓

It's good to have you here again😍 You are loved. Long time no vocabulary. I know scholars here may not really see those words as new nonetheless I'll still share cos what? I get coconut head. Lol So, many of us have actually been here at some points in our life especially when we're trying to really get along in a conversation and present ourselves as supposedly "intelligent."  Hmmm, I could still remember one of the embarrassing moments I had some years back while they were talking about network marketing like GNLD, oriflame, longrich, etc I was like practically linking it to telecommunication networks and everyone was like "no now, seems you're not getting what we are saying..." chai....my feet kinda dragged o Although, you may have tried to do that and not be caught that you're really ignorant of the subject matter. Such person that pretends to be so much knowledgeable when in actual sense he or she isn't is called a PSEUDOINTELLECTUAL.