Skip to main content

Learn to empathize👥

 



Just as a singer sang ''if you know wetin I know, you for no reason me...''


Most times, people do not learn to empathize which makes them easy to judge you. They are always ready to pounce on you when you're found guilty of a wrongdoing.


Empathy means to identify with or understanding of the thoughts, feelings, or emotional state of another person. It is the capacity to understand another person's point of view.


It's fine to be so positively minded about our expectations but this could blind us to believing the table turns. Note: this 'table turning' of a thing doesn't necessarily means for bad, No No.


Lack of empathy causes us to judge other people inappropriately. We are too quick to say 'God catch him' even when we don't understand what has led to that.


Until we change our paradigm or the view in which we use to see others, we would continue to hurt others by our excess subjective comments.


Right now, your paradigm of anyone that reruns or gets a low mark in high institution is unseriousness. Ehhhhhhh! Don't even think about that o. When you empathize, you would be able to think of what else could have caused that? Was the person's script not found? Was the person under marked? Was the person a victim of lecturer abuse? Was it as a result of higher forces that wanted to just ruin such person? Could it be that he or she never even prepared? 


Aunty, Bros, see ehn, you need a paradigm shift. What you think about the person may not be true unless you empathize and look from the angle they are standing too.


Empathy causes us to put ourselves in other people's shoes. It's not nice to always want to condemn everyone immediately, it would warrant us to reason at times.


Although, there are times that people do some wrong acts intentionally but we never can tell.


Even the scripture asked us not to judge!


When we keep judging people, it affects our interpersonal relationship and at the long run our society at large. People go about with hurt and won't hesitate to spread negativity. One of the reasons the world is becoming more perverse.


We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be. We are quick to assume that for a guy to be living a luxurious lifestyle, he must have been into fraud. So, when he becomes sick or experiencing a setback, we would link it to nemesis. Stopeeet na.


Instead of judging from afar if you don't understand, why don't you just walk up to the person and get clarifications before you get yourself mentally unhealthy.


You wouldn't like it when someone doesn't know what you have gone through and then comes up with a wrong conclusion about you. 



Like what I had read in the book 'Seven Habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey' He wrote about his own experience, The author was already seated in the bus when a man and his two kids entered, he said the kids were yelling and throwing things but the father seemed insensitive. To him, he must have judged the father for being a bad father that didn't train his children but because he couldn't keep the annoyance to himself, he walked up to the father and told him to control the kids.


Unfortunately, the man lifted his gaze and told him they were just coming back from the hospital where the children had lost their mother. 


Could you imagine the kind of shock the author would have experienced at that time? He was quick to think negative of the children's behaviour and bad parenting but when he heard what happened, he knew the act was not intentional.


Empathize first, I mean try to imagine yourself as the person you're trying to judge. Shift your paradigm and don't react only on the way you see things. Perceptions might be wrong at times.


If we're standing at opposite directions where you see 6 as 9, I shouldn't be impolite to talk down at you. We should understand that others have reasons for making a choice.


I'll advice you to wear my shoes too so you'll know why I either love wearing it or complain about it.


Shift your paradigm! 

Empathize!


Virtual hugs FAM 🤗🤗🤗






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav