Skip to main content

Appearance first🕵



Well, I believe we all know the brain stores what it sees faster than what it hears. I've said it once here and I'll say it again that appearance matters (maybe to me though).


I sincerely do not know how young people especially ladies feel comfortable shabbily dressed and tell you it's like that since their partner is not around or they have no one looking at them. Eeeew!


I used to know a very beautiful lady whom because of her boyfriend's insecurity, doesn't dress near good. I mean when I tried to talk to her, she said her boyfriend had warned her not to 'dress to kill' for other guys since he's not around. How on earth would someone be so mean? Like if you see the pictures of this boyfriend we're talking about, he's always dripping in designers.


When you are told to spice up your appearance, it doesn't mean breaking a bank or being indecent. That's the mistake most ladies make and it's not nice.


Just like me now, my pocket money can't afford all these expensive fancy things and I still rock the ones I have with 101% pride. And you know the funniest thing about this, sometimes ago I used to call myself Classy Literate Thug (it still spills mistakenly out of my mouth these days too though), when I checked into the fashion definition of 'classy' I realized the only people fit are the likes of Toke Makinwa and other celebrities.


As it is now, lemme enjoy my lifestyle and my dress sense (Classy in view). You see this big girl life ehn, we'll all live it. But you see, not being so buoyant shouldn't make you wear sneakers on dinner gown or palm slippers on suit, very wrong.


Some people have billions and still can't combine colours appropriately because they feel it doesn't matter. Well, it doesn't and it does. Dressing well you say might not give you money but you can't see Elon Musk using tie on shorts sha.


Looking nice is something you can learn. YouTube videos, fashion blogs and even friends can help you out. And if you would need the service of a Fashion stylist, it's not a bad idea.


Fine, you might be reading this and hate the formal world with passion all because you have a business. I'm not saying you should wear suit and shoes everytime, I'm saying dress in a way that would sell you better in the presence of prospects.


Some people would even tell you looking good chase helpers away from you because they assume you're living fine already, that's a complete myth. That could only happen when you're looking too expensive for your present status. A nice top, jean, sandals plus nice carriage of you would not chase helpers away. The ones God has sent your way would be so happy they met you smashingly stunning.


Take for instance, you're looking at a fresh looking dude in a mall, he later comes around and introduces himself as a road side mechanic. You might find it difficult to believe at first and even when you believed, you'll esteem him more than other mechanics you've seen around. Why? Because unlike others, he's looking sweet even when all he has on does not exceed #10,000.


My News director shared a story during my internship. NTA reportorial duties are always carried out by a reporter and a camera man separately. He said the camera man assigned to the reporter that particular day was always on suit and people have always been questioning him if perhaps he has another work asides NTA's because he doesn't go about casually dressed like other camera men. 


They were to cover a meeting where Allison Madueke (then, minister of Petroleum) was to chair. It started behind schedule and immediately she entered, she went straight to the camera man apologizing for coming late because she had thought he was part of the stakeholders. The camera man told her he had come to take the footages of the meeting for NTA and she was shocked, she never expected him to be dressed in that manner. After the meeting, she called him and asked why he was in NTA as a camera man, he answered 'passion'. To cut the story short, he's abroad as we speak and I've met him too.


Biko, you never can tell where looking good will take you. It's not by being expensive when you're not, it's just by being okay. There are thrift stores where you can get affordable wears and slay perfectly. 


There are some cloth you can't wear slippers on and there are some colours you can't combine.


Know this once more aunty, look nice and neat, you'll add expensive and classy looks to it when the time comes. Decency and cleanliness is required though so they don't switch the yam in your bride price with cocoyam. (Not my handwriting o, lol)


Uncle! We love it when you're good looking too. You hear? We don't want brown belt on black shoe, we don't want overcrazy jeans, dirty under wears peeping, packing shirt on multicoloured tracksuit and the likes.


Your work, finance or people close to you should not be a condition for looking nice or looking good. 


Dear,

Your appearance matters henceforth.


Virtual hugs FAM🤗🤗🤗






Comments

  1. Thanks for this,even though we are not rich we can still slay with our #150 top and #200 skirt😁.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say... This is the longest article I have read on this blog so far.

    Appearance 💯💯

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, this is superb!!! I think having good friends matters a lot in this too6. I once had this stupid fashion sense in my 1st year in Uni. 2nd year in Uni, I met with friends who taught me a lot on dressing like "you don't wear pattern on pattern"... Today, when I see people with stupid dress combination, I feel like wow!! this was me years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress