Skip to main content

Twenty-Twenty馃啑


Our over-hyped 2020 is almost gone, in about 72 hours, we would all be updating #StraightOutta2020.


With all the odds that came with 2020, 

With the way things were affected,

With complaints here and there,

Did the year really feel your presence?


I know we all had excuses. '' I wish I could have done this and that but covid19 spoilt my plans...'' and so on.


For you to still be alive reading this, it can only be God and I felicitate with you.  If you were to do a review of your life this year, did you merely exist or live?


Well, these two English words are used wrongly by some people, they believe they are living when in the real sense they are existing.


Okay, wait, apart from people recognising you by name, complexion, voice or appearance, do they know you by good works?


Existence is a state of being, to be alive, to fill a vacuum, to occupy a space. Living is different, it's being alive to have an impact. 


This year, we know you're online, you view status, you comment and like pictures, you upload hot pictures of you and funny memes you can relate with. These and lot more you did and still do at your convenience, bothered about yourself alone. That's existence! Everyone knows you're still alive but you've added no value to others.


It's not a bad idea when you are so focused on you but it's worse if you never seem bothered about making a difference in other people's life.


Existence is not God's purpose for our lives. He didn't send us here on earth and expects us back there without having a positive imprint. It would be a waste of God's resources.


Even if you had just existed in 2020, I believe you know now that we all are called to live. Live an impactful life.


You know the clich茅 'Mind your business'? Naaaa, not every time.


Adding value isn't compulsorily monetary, it could be by checking up on people, giving a listening ear, a word of advice to an erring person, helping children or elderly ones cross the road, sharing knowledge with people and many other ways.


Living is selfless. Existence is self-centered. To live is to love others as oneself but to exist is to love oneself only. To live is to better oneself and impact others while existence is survival.


It's left to you to decide if you want to exist or live.


Happy new year in advance


Virtual hugs馃馃馃











Comments

  1. Okay,cheers to a new mindset... I promise not to only exist but live, happy new year in advance to you too sweet馃尮

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blood Sisters 馃幀

 Hey fam, Have you seen Blood sisters series on Netflix? I know the Nollywood critics would be like why the hype but calm down, it's high time we started embracing what our actors are creating so we can give both positive and negative honest criticisms that would help them do better. So I didn't want to write anything on this movie before y'all think that is it just movie review everytime. A friend also watched the movie and she just kept saying what she felt about the movie and then I just asked her to give it a shot. She hesitated at first but penned something down anyway. Kindly read up fam (Credit - AKADI MAYOWA ) Have you ever heard of the term bestie? you have one or seen duo call each other that? set awon partners in crime馃ぃ馃ぃ, bestie no be for mouth o, it's two friends that so much understand each other (as in they can read each other like a book) and can do anything I mean everything just to have each other's back, this is the case of Kemi and Sarah in Bloo...

Jedi-Jedi 馃拪

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav...

King of Thieves Agesink贸l茅 馃幀

Let me start with the slogan "Agesink贸l茅 kan omo re pupo - kuo beun na" So sorry if you don't understand yoruba or haven't seen the movie yet. I'll help by saying Agesink贸l茅 is literally translated as "He who rides horse to rob houses." Lol King of Thieves is an epic story of betrayal that revolves round a prince who was deprived of the throne by the king makers. He was set up as a thief by those he has solely trusted and faced the brutal punishment of death. In a quest for vengeance, he reincarnated and troubled the town violently by carting away goods even with no regards for human life. The movie is indeed a complete package from the casts to the props, the costume, the language, the directing, the clean production and post production.  You know, I just can't be wait to be told after seeing the paparazzi from the premiere and the thriller, mehn.... I became so much inquisitive as to what exactly the content was and can say I truly got the value fo...