Skip to main content

Insecurity!🙃


Insecurity!!!

This alone ruins a marriage of so many years, especially when the ego of the man is being tampered with.


Insecurity comes in different forms. In a relationship, a man may feel insecure when his wife earns more than he. A woman may feel insecure when her husband is quite attractive or maybe used to be a casanova before they got married. And generally, insecurity between a husband and a wife could be as a result of growing up and hurtful past relationship experiences. In friendship, a friend may feel insecure when the other seems to be doing well.


An insecure person could be very difficult to deal with. The moment they see you're doing better than they are, that is where problem and enmity sets in.


Let me go on, insecure people talk you out of reaching heights because it threatens them. They start thinking by the time you're on a higher level than they, you may decide to leave.



When I read ''Reflecns of A Man'' by Amari Soul, I had a clearer understanding. The book explained that as long as the position of a woman doesn't threaten the status of a man, he supports the woman but when it's otherwise, he starts to discourage her.


That is when you see a man who is proud of himself being a responsible husband when his wife frequently asks him money for some certain things especially home needs. When the table turns and the wife starts bringing more to the table without going to the husband, it's always seen like a taboo. 


Insecure people would always want you to be dependent on them. They want to be your go-to persons, and when they realize they are loosing power over you, they get hurt.


Insecure friends want to know what is happening in your life every time to have a clue if you're an inch closer to your goals or kilometers farther. They would always want you to be on the same level with them or lower.


Take for instance, immediately you tell them you're taking a professional course or an advanced class, they make negative suggestions to make you quit and erase the idea.

They start saying ''Well, going for it won't be bad but will your parents or partner welcome it, you know you don't have that kind of money o, and the centre is even very far to your place, those tutors sef may not really know what they're teaching and it might just be like a waste of money at the end of the day, I would rather advise you don't opt in for it.''


This kind of discouraging remark is to compensate for their own insecurity, they become aggressive towards you when you don't want to stop outshining them.


Allow me to say these people are dream hangers. Yea, hangers, they tie that dream to a place as long as they are not comfortable with it. They simply don't want it to outweigh their own strengths.


Things to note about them; They are monitoring spirits - they want to know virtually everything, if perhaps you're still where they hung you or you've liberated. Another thing is, they are egoistic - they always want to feel so important in someone else's life.


What can you do if you've found yourself bitter in this form? 

- Admit your insecurity

- Ask God to help you to be genuinely happy for others

- Seek help from past guilt


You may think you're not the insecure type but you know within yourself that you're not happy whenever you see an intimate person of yours achieving more that you do.


Please, stop! This shouldn't follow you into the new year 2021. 


Let me know in the comment box if you've ever felt insecure about someone or something?


Virtual hugs🤗🤗🤗


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blood Sisters 🎬

 Hey fam, Have you seen Blood sisters series on Netflix? I know the Nollywood critics would be like why the hype but calm down, it's high time we started embracing what our actors are creating so we can give both positive and negative honest criticisms that would help them do better. So I didn't want to write anything on this movie before y'all think that is it just movie review everytime. A friend also watched the movie and she just kept saying what she felt about the movie and then I just asked her to give it a shot. She hesitated at first but penned something down anyway. Kindly read up fam (Credit - AKADI MAYOWA ) Have you ever heard of the term bestie? you have one or seen duo call each other that? set awon partners in crime🤣🤣, bestie no be for mouth o, it's two friends that so much understand each other (as in they can read each other like a book) and can do anything I mean everything just to have each other's back, this is the case of Kemi and Sarah in Bloo

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Welcome to Lollycioustalks blog

Hello dear❤, My name is Omolola Olawale. Call me Lollycious (Your Sagacious Local Girl), its that simple right? I'm a broadcaster, a personal shopper, a model, a fabrics vendor, a digital marketer, a scriptwriter, a voice-over artiste, a lifestyle blogger and more. Recently, I became an ambassador of two big brands: TECNO mobile and INDOMIE noodles. Who am I? It can only be God o. Let me quickly tell you my interests and hobbies to know if we have one or two things in common which I'm sure we would. They are volunteering, sightseeing, travelling, acting, watching movies, learning online, listening to music, reading, mentoring, networking, playing basketball and indoor games, intellectual conversations and plenty fun😉. I'm passionate about a beautiful lifestyle for you and me. I would like you to come up on this lifestyle journey with me and trust me you would love and enjoy every bit of it. I'm going to be sharing stories for us to learn from, talks emana