Skip to main content

People-pleaser trap🙇🙎


 ''Well, I really do not take alcohol but I don't want you to feel bad if I reject your offer, I'll take a bottle.''


''I don't want the pastor to see me as a lazy youth, I would have to join the Sunday School department then.''


Gosh, like I don't get. Must you be so loyal to every person that you can't say NO to pressure? . . few of the lines above exemplifies how we sometimes react to situations cowardly.


How often do you please people? Many times! Yes, many times!


Let me make it plain enough: Any moment you bow completely to someone else's opinion or suggestion about you without questioning, you've fallen inside the people-pleaser trap.


I must confess to you that I was a victim of this for quite a few number of years even though I pretend to be rebellious, I accept people's opinion of me hook, line and sinker.


Those times ehn, when I see my friends or people I know going astray, I couldn't bring myself to correct them because I didn't want to break the cord of our friendship.  I seemed to be fine with any and every single thing they did. 


My charade of dumbness was just to make sure I didn't have a fight with anyone, that things go their way even when I'm not comfy.


Hmmmmmmm. You know how that hurts right? Busy forming Saint Lola Ganja😂 that agrees with everyone even when I'm not. 


People-pleasing behaviour cause you to bury your originality, it makes you live a complicated life because you adopt every single idea from every body without filtering or evaluating those ideas whether they conform to your life as a person.


Imagine you don't like the red colour but you went on a shopping with a friend and she told you to pick up a nice red gown. You couldn't politely declined the offer cos you thought it was going to hurt her and you picked the expensive dress even if you may end up not wearing it. Why does it have to be that way??


People-pleasing is a costly way of life. You can't be you because your choices don't in any way matter. Other people's priority are placed before yours negatively.

Note: this shouldn't be mistaken for sacrifice or funding emotional bank account in a relationship. It's in the negative. The latter is giving in to let peace reign because you value the relationship, it is about living your life in line with what various people say.


People pleasing makes you say, ''I don't want my pastor to complain about me'' 

Or

''I didn't remove the course though it's an elective o but because Jim is offering it, I'll do too''


You see the pain you could be passing through all because you are deviating from the truth about you.


Life is simple when people know you for who you are not what they make you to be. When you love blue, tell them you would rather opt for blue politely. When you don't club, tell them you don't and suggest another option if they mind.


Let people learn how to tolerate you for the choices you make too my dear and don't be a dump site where they throw all sorts on you.


They will take you for granted when they know you have a soft heart to welcome every thing they say to you.


🎼🎧 No let dem see you finish,

Dem go finish your biscuit,

Dem go finish your sweet.... (Complete it if you know it😜)


Stop pleasing people anyhow, I mean gullibly rather do things that makes you happy.


People-pleasing is a fake life style.

Darling, you deserve better, you deserve to be original.

Weigh opinions before you give in at all times.

Please yourself rather but apply wisdom.

Oshamoooo😉 

Virtual hugssss🤗🤗🤗







Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... shakara don end oo.
    People pleasing stopped for me the day I knew I was the one who will be held responsible for my decisions not them.

    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress