Skip to main content

Oh! Not Again😭



From every sleep that I'm privileged to wake up from, I've always being optimistic and look forward to seeing this distress to have disappeared.

Expectations every morning, hunger and thirst for miracles.


Quick desperation for intervention and millions of ways to see if there are any short cuts to achieve desired results of GOOD LIFE.


This is obviously not the Nigeria of my dream if you would ask me.


Anticipation for a better tomorrow has started before I was born and it's almost a mantra that I perceive would be sung by the forthcoming generation.


Policies made by government at all levels are loosing their masses-centered relevance and they are just being made anyways.


The stamp duty was recently implemented followed by a new tarrif on electricity and now hike in fuel price. All these however seem to be felt more by the average Nigerians. Yes, You and Me.


I want to believe the fuel price hike is a prank that would be cautioned any moment soon.


Our leaders are full of hypocrisy, they make various policies that are to be strictly adhered to but they do otherwise. They tell the citizens not to travel abroad for medical treatment meanwhile they take the air route when they feel symptoms of fever or even slight headache. 


They advice Nigerians to patronize home-made or locally made goods when they go for imported products.


They can be compared to those described as ''Pharisees'' in the scriptures who put heavy burden on others but who won't even touch it with the tip of their finger.

The government make bestial policies day by day for Nigerians that make lives unbearable for them and they act like nothing is wrong even when the outcry is deafening.


They haven't even experienced what the power supply in Nigeria looks like, how annoyingly bad it could be, how the electricity is being interrupted in the middle of important things and how the consumers have to wait till forever. They do not understand the annoyance of getting monthly electricity bill that wasn't in any way utilized.

And how much more it would be difficult for Nigerians to even pay more for what was not supplied regularly not to talk of used.


It's not a surprise they do not know what it is like. Most of them have expensive generating sets that do not even go off a second.


The Value Added Tax on all products and services has been accepted relutantly by Nigerians with the platitudinous statement ''we have no choice.'' After the removal of Tax on monthly salaries, withdrawal at various ATM points comes with another charges coupled with the VAT charges that are deducted from whatever the money is bought with. 


The government's regulation in the crude oil industry is causing alot of mayhem. Subsidy this, subsidy that, whereas the true story is as plain as crystals to those involved. The burdensome hike in fuel price as it is, has began to affect every other things most importantly the cost of food and transportation. 

All these vicissitudes seem not to bother them in any way, they just want to take more even to their graves. They keep hiding under ''the economy is bad everywhere'' or ''Nigeria economy is even better than some other countries.'' Why then are they in power if there's no solution, is it to grieve us?


How do we cope at this time when there's an incessant increase in the basic amenities of a common man?

And to you reading this:

Is this how you would exacerbate the pain of Nigerians when you get to power too?

Would you serve well or steal well?

Would you be considerate or you wouldn't even care?

Will you be a leader a poor man will genuinely pray for?

God bless Nigeria!

Virtual hugs from me to you 🤗🤗🤗













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress