Skip to main content

My love story❤: I said YES❤

It was on a Thursday evening when I received a call from my boyfriend. He works in Abuja so automatically he's based there.

I start having goosebumps anytime I see his calls, we're lovers now what do you expect.

I've known Alfred for a period of two years now and he's just the perfect kind of man any lady would have prayed for. He didn't just win my heart with his light skinned 6 feet tall body and a bright smile he never fails to wear, he also got me fall for him due to his altruistic character.

He's a graduate of Geology from the University of Ibadan where he did politics alongside education which has made him penetrated into some sectors while in school. This gave him an edge over other graduates when he finished his NYSC to job hunt as he was offered employment at a reputable mining company in Abuja in no time.

Flashback to how we met, a friend invited me to a wedding party and I gladly honoured the invite. As I kuku didn't have more than two comfirm party dress, I decided to slay the pink one with matching accessories and my unconventional gele. I made myself up, fixed my lashes myself, painted my nails just to make sure I looked peng not for anything but Instagram picture.

The God that will catch me that day, I was thinking I would use my friend's iPhone to take picture that day because I use an android phone but the phone was off likewise the power bank. This is ''Gbas Gbos''😪

Everybody is already leaving the life of the gram on the green carpet, taking selfies and nice portraits. OMG, I just cannot come to this party with my hot look and not take pictures. I told my friend my idea of lending a phone to take pictures and she quickly rebuked the stupid idea flowing in my mind.

After a while, I saw a yoruba demon guy, he was on the same design and colour of agbada that about eight guys were putting on and I assumed he must have been one of the grooms men, he has a responsible hair cut, he looks so adorable from where I was sitted then I went to him with my friend's dead iPhone and explained the situation of things to him that it's not as if we don't have iPhone o, it's just the battery that's flat.

He looked at me and then handed his phone over to me with a smile, the most recent iPhone at that time o.
He then asked ''is your friend coming to take your beautiful shot do you mind I be your photographer?''

I thought ''chai, see open cheque o'' Me that I want good thing, my friend was already using eye to caution me from where she was sitted that I should give myself brain, I just ignored her and winked at her to come over but she wouldn't listen. She's the egoistic type that wouldn't bend her policies for things such as pictures. Let me just say things like that don't freak her. At times, I feel I should just collect her iPhone and give her my phone because it's as if she doesn't know the usefulness like I do.

He took nice pictures of me that day and he collected my number so he can send the pictures to me via whatsapp.

He offerred to take my friend and I back home but she declined saying we just met him, we shouldn't be so closely knitted immediately. We kuku have small money too, so, we ordered Uber.

The night of the wedding party was what I've not experienced in my two decades and few years of being on earth. Conversations with Alfred was just flowing and before we knew it, it was 3am midnight. I had to excuse myself that I needed to sleep meanwhile I wouldn't have even stopped the chat for anything because it was so cool. 

He went back to Abuja the next day, that was on Sunday so as to get back to work on Monday. We started getting fond of each other, placing calls through and sending texts. It all grew as if we've known each other for years. This man is godsent.

Even though he was 7years older than I am, I didn't see any iota of disrespect in our conversation.

I was very much open to him about me and my family. I'm still a student and I believe when people notice you're true to them, you indirectly open doors for yourself. All my thought was, even if we don't end up as lovers, we would be best of friends and he might because of that use his connections to get me a job after my service year too.

It was two months after the party, the bond was getting thicker and stronger. He comes to Ibadan at month end to see his parents and so we fix appointments to see.

On the second month end visits, he was going to drop me off when he asked the big question. Let me put it verbatim ''Tolu, I have come to realize you're the most important thing that can ever happen to me. I have fought myself several times to make sure what I feel for you is not like the regular feelings. It is quite unusual and I want an US, please be my girlfriend''

I've been expecting that but I never made it obvious as I was waiting for the right time it would happen and now it's before my eyes.

I looked at him, feeling a deep sense of chemistry and a surge of affection. He's my kind of guy and the fact is both of us are single.

I said Yes💃💃💃💃

It was the most memorable night, we had our first kiss in the car and we were both full of ecstasy.

He was going back to Abuja the next day, now I missed him and I felt we could travel together.

But something happened😫

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress