Skip to main content

Disappointments!!!๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Matriculation picture of Lollycious after the whole disappointment saga

Just before my birthday, I would like to share some bitter experiences I had while growing up that has shaped me into becoming the kind of person I am today.

I'm sure you would love to hear๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Just before I proceed, how have you been holding up at this time especially for people like me with no stable source of income? 

Chai! Please be skilled o or better still be a serial entrepreneur, I mean Mr Jack of all trade with ''sense'' to avoid see finish.

I hope you're optimistic about this second half of the year 2020? Please shun mediocrity and do the best you can towards being better.

Now, let me ask you this. How do you feel when someone promised you a particular thing and then after waiting patiently for it, nothing was forthcoming? Bad, right? You feel as if the person isn't worth your respect again and so on.

Or in a situation where you need that thing so badly and you're time bound. Let's say someone promised you money to pay your tuition or obtain a form and you were so confident that the person would be true to his or her words then the registration is closing and the person no longer picks calls. That's the real definition of ''gbas gbos''

Ehmmmm, *clears throat* 

A lot of people may have similar odyssey but here's mine anyway: 

After my first SSCE seven years ago, I sat for 8 subjects and I passed 4. Lol 
Fast forward, I wrote UTME and I passed and my POST UTME score too was pretty, I mean I had 73%, a good one to study law at the ''better by far'' university ๐Ÿ˜‹ but the SSCE results of the candidates in my school was delayed and by the time I could access my result on WAEC's website, the institution had closed their portal and I couldn't upload my result. Abortive efforts that year because I applied with ''awaiting result.''



The following year, I knew nothing was going to stop me from gaining the admission, my SSCE results cleared. Got 244 in UTME but then the POST UTME result was not that good, it could eventually made me study a better course.

My sister and I met people who have connections in the institution and I was at peace that I have an automatic admission already as I also perceived their enthusiasm to help me seeing I'm not too dull afterall. I distributed excess photocopies of my documents to them. Gosh! Who's following? Did you do same? Lol

I placed calls through almost everyday to remind them and they assured me.

Gbam! Merit list came out, I no see anything, second list, nothing, VC list and other supplementary list no carry my name o๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

These people no even pick call again. One picked, said he's confused at the whole thing that it wasn't his first time of submitting names of candidates and they are always lucky of admission. 

So I'm unlucky?  Oga o.

Well, that was just a stage of my life that I really couldn't describe on paper. I was hurt and yes, disappointed at these people who gave me audio assurance. It has taught me not be reliant on people. They can't do more than they can. They can even forget the promise they made.

Disappointments only occur when we have high expectations from people by putting all hope on them forgetting they are human prone to errors. 

If you were not expecting anything from me, you won't be disappointed if I didn't do it meaning its only when you've tied your hope of survival to a human that it gets crashed and thwarted.

Man dey disappoint o, na the person wey God don assign to help you go help you. 

The point of the matter is, God NEVER disappoints.

Have a fabulous week

Virtual hugs๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi ๐Ÿ’Š

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big๐Ÿ”˜

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress

Overcoming inferiority ๐Ÿคณ

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot