Skip to main content

Baiday palava😭

Yaaaay, it's a new week already.

There's an unforgettable story I want to share with y'all today😉😉


Before then, I just wish I could have the kind of birthday I had while I was young that I would wake up to find my birthday present beside me. Days of Readymade gowns, shoes, Bible and other things. Why am I not getting this kind of special treat again sef?

Oh, I think I need to tell you the plans I had for this year's birthday. To go on a yacht, to the beach, to go on a tour to Obudu hill or a waterfall or chill at a 5-star hotel or this and that. You know I just want to relax and be taken care of but I think its only Mercy BBN19 that can say that. Right now, it's only me that can take care of me ooo except I want to deceive myself.

So, this past week was my birthday and I was really overwhelmed seeing my pictures flying everywhere on people's status but I'm looking forward to a celebrity kind of birthday where different vendors would bring in gifts for me like dresses, pastries, cakes, frames, credit alerts from fans and all sort of goodies. *coughs* (not covid o)😂

Ehmmmmm, seems I want to go lazy this week, I'm feeling this should be a podcast or an audio platform that I'll just talk and talk since typing is almost becoming a big deal for me.

Birthdays!!!!🎂🎂

I'm reminded of my 10th birthday. It was one of the birthdays I looked forward to while growing up. When I was 9years old, I was always ringing to my mum's ears that I'll celebrate my 10th birthday in a grand style just as I've seen other children from church and school did. 

So the day came, it was during JSS1 third term. I told my friends from primary school that I would be throwing a party for my birthday and majority of them agreed to come. My sisters were in school and Dad was not in town then, it was just mummy and myself.

Prior to that time, my aunt had brought some clothe for me which she claimed were given to her by someone who just came from abroad. Checking through the stuffs, I saw a jean trouser, a spaghetti top, a flared micro mini skirt, a inscripted black top and others. These oyinbo cloth were beautiful. Since the arrival of the cloth, I was always imagining myself wearing them to take pictures with my friends on my birthday.

Back to the D-day. Mum has prepared jollof rice, we killed our chicken and there was drinks too. I decorated the sitting room with the balloons I bought and to me, everywhere was lit🔥 My friends came. The photographer (very popular in my area at that time) was set and yeahhh, it was time for me to shine.

There was obviously no MC or order of events, it was just for my friends and I to have a fabulous time. I started changing into different clothe and the photographer was taking my pictures.

The day was over and I slept like a baby. Then we were expecting the pictures. Mum already gave her more than half of the payment maybe 70% or more with the agreement to balance up when the pictures are ready since the person is well known and can't run away with our money.

And now the wait for our pictures began, first week, second week, third week, a month gone, mum went to the studio, she said she's been busy that she would get through to us soon. Relief! Second month (around September) almost gone, already in JSS2 first term. Ah ah! Kilosele now (what is happening). 

I got back from school that day and mum was like ''see, there's no birthday picture again o.'' It was like a airplane crash. As young as I was, I couldn't really place whether it was an heart attack, God forbid tho. I asked to hear clearly again and she said the woman that came that day was an apprentice and that due to several parties they were to cover that day, the apprentice were fixed to each location. Only to find out when the woman got back to the studio that she was only flashing camera light at us but no picture saved. Mum said the oga (boss) didn't know how to tell her about the misfortune on time that was why she kept telling us to come back. Yeeeeepa, I almost cried, no I did.

All my beautiful 10th year birthday poses were gone. It felt so bad. I know God has forgiven me of how I retaliated because if I hear anyone mention the name of the photographer that time, I would quickly say ''better don't call her, she will just be flashing yeye light at you, you won't get any picture at the end of everything'' when they ask me how, then I'll start narrating my ordeal to them like I just did to you now.

Well, I've forgiven the woman but I'm just pissed she didn't make me have my 10th birthday picture in my gallery.

I hope you enjoyed reading??

May I know your birthday expectations too, your best birthday experience or the opposite so far😜😜😜

Yhhhhh, its a belated birthday to me and I hope next birthday is going to be sweet🙏 by God's grace.

Virtual hugs🤗🤗🤗



Comments

  1. It was last year's birthday I celebrated with my cousins and girlfriend with her sister and was drenched by rain coming back home😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress