Skip to main content

Resilience 💪


When we see cheerful people around, we may be thinking they have everything going well for them but I'm sure you know life is beyond that. Just like when people see my posts nd start to hype me. Lol


I actually posted on my WhatsApp status that I've been scammed twice this year already but had to delete the post just immediately because people were asking what had happened. It's not as if I'm reluctant to narrate the ordeal but I'm not ready.


The purported scam that would have made it three this year was a delivery I had made to Benin. I took the risk of payment on delivery after the customer convinced me he was a music pastor (of which he was for real). First, I was broke and wanted to just have small change through the sales, second is I wanted to win myself an additional customer.


I had borrowed money to buy fabrics of like 20k but was scared at the same time. Something in me kept warning me not to take the risk but I just had to. I sent it through an interstate bus calculating the hours and checking my phone for driver or customer's call. That day went, nothing! Ori mi o (my head). I chatted the man, no reply. I called the driver, he didn't pick too. 


Later the second day, he called me and said he has picked up the fabrics but they look similar to the ones he already have and that he was going to transfer the money. I still didn't see alert on time and I became so bothered. I had to call him and drop a message for him that I'm still waiting. Fast forward, he sha sent it.


Hmmm, you see, that's not where I'm driving at o. I only summarised the story up there because it didn't end up a scam. But do you ever wondered how those two scam experiences felt like? I'm sure you would understand better if you've had a similar experience.


Whatever the case may be, we shouldn't allow circumstances to make us so much into a bitter person for life. Let's learn to be Resilient.


It's okay to be broken but refusing to pick up our fragments into a whole is terrible.


Maybe you're reading this and you feel I don't know how bad what you're passing through now is, I sure may not know but you need to be strong.


Take for instance a vehicle is parked, then rain fell on it and the body became wet. When the rain stops, the car would definitely go back to being dry again in due time without any effort to clean the rain water. It's just an indication that tough time never lasts, only tough and strong people do.


Just because a situation had your back put to the ground doesn't mean you should lie there and be wailing. Naaaa. Resilience is bouncing back to your normal state. It's easier said than done right? but you can ask God to help you back to your feet and you'll see yourself getting past the bad times.


Resilience is a state of elasticity. It is what we call "odeychi" My people will say "ti esin ba dani, a ma tun gun ni" meaning when you fall you rise again. 


The scam pained me to the bones o but that doesn't stop me from doing my business, it's only teaching me to be smarter and more careful. 


Even if you're hurt, if you're broken, If you're betrayed, don't allow that be a setback for you. Heal, be your better self and try again.


This is my first post in October 2021, Happy New Month ❤️

Virtual hugs FAM 🤗🤗🤗



Comments

  1. Thanks for this ma’am 💯❤️ I learnt one or two even more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress