Skip to main content

False impressions❌

 


Ever had a reason to make a false impression? Don't say NO WAY. We all do, it could have been in the past though.


This false impression I'm talking about is the way we pretend to be something else to achieve an aim.


Maybe I should start with this, those times we were young (even till now) when we notice our parents or an elderly person wants to send us on an errand at a time not convenient for us, we may pretend we've slept off and not answer. You did that, I caught you😜 Lol.


Do you know what brought about this? I was in the kitchen planning to prepare ewedu for lunch and I remembered one of my friends was on call and had formed for the guy at the other end that she doesn't eat ewedu including other swallow food. Adunni why??? 


She had told me she doesn't want the guy to think locally of her. That was even another issue entirely, it was low self esteem and a willingness to pretend. Shikena!


There are various reasons why people make false impressions but are they even worth it?


Youruba would say : Eni méjì kò le pàdánù iró... Meaning ''two people can't be lied to at the same time, it's either the person telling the lie knows or the person being lied to knows'' (Just pardon my translation o, lol. I'm not so serious) 


No matter how perfect you pretend, you yourself know it's a false part of you and if you've killed your conscience, the person you're pretending for know it's a pretence. So what's the deal?


Why do we have to go through that stress of faulting our integrity anyhow? Like why you dey paint yourself blue when you be yellow?


I'm sure you saw Toyin Abraham's movie Alakada, Alakada reloaded or Fate of Alakada.  I'm sorry if you didn't or haven't, it's about fake life sha. Just like what we're saying now.


How does it feel within you when you fake it? Good? Disturbed?


Well, I'm not going to be sounding like Saint Sami Lola here cos I know someway somehow, I may be guilty too. What I know is, I can never tell you I don't eat ewedu or amala. I can just tell you I'm not a fan or this or that. False impression isn't when I tell you I don't like ila alasepo (combined okrasoup) it's the truth. I eat most meals on planet earth even Korean ramen that I've not seen but I have favourites.


Me ehn, I catch cruise gan o. It is the same me that I'm forming accent for you that will still tell you I'm a sagacious local girl because you'll see me stylishly adding some dialects as I commune with you. That's me.


It's not about those that catch cruise now, it's about those that are making falsity a lifestyle. O wrong now! If you're doing it to feel among, they go still shenk you one day cos the people you think you're forming for already know and they are waiting for when to disgrace you.


No matter the aim of your pretense, it still might be a bad game. 


A guy had approached me sometimes in 2019 forming American accent (you know all those I gotchya, wanna, gonna, imma keep disturbing you, etc) I was responding normally at first until I couldn't bear it again when I said  ''uncle, I've seen you talk with your guys and this wasn't how you sounded, abeg no stress yourself, talk freely'' After that I inserted some street slangs then he smiled and we flowed in Yoruba (I'm sure he was like ''baby yi get me sha'') He thought I was omo butter and he wanted to be given an audience, iffahear!


The things you don't do on a regular basis that you go on to do because of a person is a false impression of you unless you've completely changed into that person.


Some said why do I pretend to be what I'm not when I use Arabic words. Well, it's not pretence and it indicates nothing serious. My passion for learning different languages is a reason for this and I have several languages on my list to learn.


The way you talk,

The way you eat or the food you eat,

Your behaviours,

Even You,

Are you really you or you've been falsifying everything all these while? I hope you've not been pretending to be an omo butty when you're an ajekpako cos it doesn't matter o. 


I know you like Amala but you're saying your favourite is fried egg and plantain. Ko necestree na. Lol


Because we're saying you shouldn't fake it doesn't mean you don't work on your imperfections. Be a better you but don't pretend to be whom you're not.


Virtual hugs FAM🤗🤗🤗


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress