Skip to main content

Danfo kindness🚌



This is the umpteenth time I'll be listening to Taking care by Moses Bliss and yea I know God has been taking care of me, and even you too.


Ehmmmmm, we started the year together with some people but some couldn't even make it into the second quarter. Nagode Yesu, Daalu Chineke, Ese Oluwa, Thank you Lord, merci beaucoup Baba God.


Also, I felicitate with Christians around the world this Easter season, that biggest sacrifice ever. I pray we'll live to celebrate more.


Recently, one of big girl moves I'm making is quitting to board commercial buses. Lol. I would rather take bike or taxi and if the worst comes to the worst, I would take keke. The buses look too clumsy and it's kind of belittling the big girl that I am. (I want to be sure you're not mocking me sha😜)


The last time I had a terrible experience  boarding a bus, I was sitting at the middle row with a nursing mother beside me. The baby should be in her first year or so because she had grown the first set of teeth, she was sleeping when the woman entered but woke up eventually. 


She started crying profusely, I pitied her and began to pat her back thinking it was the heat and knowing the mother could not breastfeed her at the moment. I was faking a smile simultaneously so she could at least save my ears but she wouldn't. I began to feel somehow.


Then we got to a bus stop, the mother decided to buy her puffpuff and gave me so I could feed her. I was eager to do that to at least make her shut up. Still smiling at her but she was much more concerned about her snacks. 


The wahala continued when the puffpuff finished and she began stretching from her mum's back to check my hands. At that time, she was already staining my cloth with her oily fingers, pulling my earrings at the same time. I thought I had seen it all till she sneezed and. . . Omoooh. I suffered.


Some people won't know what happened after I might have alighted from the bus, they would think I was a dirty girl but no time to shalaye. Sheybi na me dey good girl. It was because I was kind to an extent, another lady fully glammed up for an outing would not have bothered about the baby's cry anyways.


No matter how hard I try to avoid commercial buses, I no dey mind my business fully especially when I see children or nursing mothers.


I was standing at a bus stop one evening when it was about raining. That was during my internship, my boss that was supposed to lift me was not on duty so I has to find my way. It was like people were assembled to take money that evening. Coman see crowd.


The okada riders started multiplying the fare by two, as it was kuku their time to shine. I couldn't take a bike cos I had already calculated the money on me.


Eeeeeeii, do you know what it is to forcefully, aggressively and violently rush buses? Those conductors too made fortune that evening, there was a slight raise in the fare and it was by terms and conditions. Even if you had struggled to enter the bus, if you didn't have the exact money, you would get down to wait for another bus.


I was with #200 but I needed #120 so I won't be embarrassed. I had seen one woman struggling with two kids. I'm sure the rain was going to drench all of them if she wasn't careful. I moved closer to her, greeted her and asked where she was heading. Fortunately, it was my way too. I said she should stick beside me and we'll board the next vehicle that comes. That time I didn't care about the naira denomination with me and we all entered together while I lapped one. She was grateful and ended up paying my fare. My intention was just to save her the stress though.


Well, we all know what the world is turning to, how we need to be extra cautious but that shouldn't stop us from showing a little act of kindness wherever we are. The world is so small and what happens in commercial buses can't be overlooked.


In fact, greeting the person you're sitting next to is no big deal. Telling them the time when they ask and helping them lift their loads.


There was a day a granny was just about sitting when the driver took off. It was one of these one-man buses without conductors. I couldn't help but to shout and caution the driver to hold on. She was terrified already that she said she was not going again. She later entered and I became mama's talkmate till she reached her destination.


Just this evening that I had to board a commercial bus after a long while, I noticed nothing has changed for real. The aggressive conductors that want you to comply with the fare. They would abuse you if they told you to enter with your change and you now end up giving them #1000 note. Or when they give you your balance and you are complaining about a torn part of the note. I mean Ibadan buses na cruise sha.


But wherever you are, spread kindness!


What's your sweet bitter commercial vehicle experience?


Virtual hugs🤗🤗🤗


Comments

  1. Someone can feel embarrased sometime but I like the part kindness

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress