Skip to main content

Personal branding ✨

Lollycious
Lollycious


Yaaaay

I'm excited it's July and most importantly my birth month. "Lemme see you go low low low...Buga won" 💃


A quick one yeah, I was in my school last week to attend JCI General Assembly hoping I would be able to share something with them as per past director of Publicity but I couldn't.


So I would like to do this now since we still still have the second half of the year to achieve a lot if Christ tarries.


It's basically about building a personal brand which speaks volume about us as individuals and what we do. I had uploaded on my WhatsApp status how I met someone at an event and instead of the person to simply just tell me his name and what he does, he was telling me how he is a very tight friend to the commissioner and I wondered what for?


I want my name to ring a bell not until I link myself to a superstar cos I'm also a celebrity o and I'm sure you want to always be known as "You" not as someone else.

Building a personal brand means building an image for yourself that is hard to resist by those you come across. Take for instance when you hear Linda Ikeji you remember blogging, when you hear Funke Akindele you know it's film making, when you hear Aliko Dangote you know he's a business man, etc The reason you probably follow most people on social media is because you know what they do and how they've established themselves in that particular field.


Personal branding is the conscious and intentional effort to create and influence public perception of an individual by positioning them as an authority in their industry, elevating their credibility, and differentiating themselves from the competition, to ultimately advance their career, increase their circle of influence, and have a larger impact.


The process of personal branding involves finding your uniqueness, building a reputation on the things you want to be known for, and then allowing yourself to be known for them. Period!


When you build your personal brand, you don't have to tag yourself to a well known person before you can be identified or respected. 


Essentially, your personal brand is the story that’s told about you when you’re not in the room.What adjectives do they use to describe you? Are they positive or critical?


For instance, if you're into Tech, let it be plain to even toddlers that you're into Tech, having multiple personalities may not really be worth it. It doesn't mean we're to just get stuck with a field though some people do it perfectly but if you're able to explore another related area, please do. For me, most people do know I'm in the media space and an entrepreneur. Even though I'm still looking to entering into the Tech world, make we chop the money together. Lol


Personal branding is for you not to have a clumsy or life without form. So if people are seeking to do something in your field, your name pops up in their memory for consultation cos what? they see you as a go-to-person.


These are ways to build a strong personal brand:


You must grow your self, be mindful of personal development (personal growth is the sum total of the books you have read, the people you have met, the experiences you have had, the trainings, and the environments you have been in.) You can't just want the fame a resource person gets without expanding your horizons. Kolewerk! You can't possibly give what you don't have.


Build a network of people, this is very important especially for people in that your niche.


Have a focus. "No loose guard" Know what you want and go for it.


Be genuine. Don't be a photocopy, be an original version of yourself. Be real with yourself.


Be consistent. You see this consistency ehn, I'm also battling with it as I type cos it's apparently not easy but you just have to get going no matter how hard it seems. (I don't want to sound like a motivational speaker please)


Have social media presence and Live your brand. Things are digital these days, that's why you see an expert being called upon to train people in other country cos of the portfolio made available by them online. 


I hope you found this helpful?

Kindly help share,

Don't forget to drop in the comment box what you're known for.


Virtual hugs fam 🤗🤗🤗




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot