Skip to main content

June Rant😟



It's 16weeks after my final exams already and like my colleagues, we haven't seen our final results not to talk of clearance or NYSC. Hmmmmm


Don't know what this is but all I can say is it's really annoying. If I'm not mistaken I could remember how my immediate elder sister finished her final exam sometimes around September ending or October at the University of Ilorin and they were mobilized for NYSC in November of the same year.


I actually wanted to rant about this delay and just everything cos what? I'm just fed up but I know that alot of things are faulty in my alma mater and let me say in the education system in Nigeria as a whole.


I have a friend who has finished from Benue State University since last October and hasn't seen her final results due to ASUU strike.


Should I say I hate the fact that most things in Nigeria never even go as planned. Imagine, how we were assured before leaving school that by June, we would go for the mandatory NYSC and this is June, I'm not sure some lecturers have even finished marking our scripts.


Gosh! You can't even leave your house at a time and calculate that you would get to a place at an exact time not to now say you gained an admission and predict that you'll be through by so so so date unless you're in a private institution. Even that one could either be plus or minus. 


Pending the time that we would be mobilized, if you want to ask me what I've been doing or why I've been away from this space. I've been doing my business steadily, I mean I dey carry my fabrics side hustle for head. Person must not be dull in this country ehn. Simultaneously I'm picking one or two things from digital marketing as per one road no enter market. Or is too much to introduce myself as a journalist, entrepreneur and digital marketer? Just asking though.


I don't even understand the difference between awaiting Corp members like me or the students that FG/ASUU are toying with their time. Omooooooh. So, I want to beg you, in everything you're doing this time, make sure you develop yourself o. Learn a skill that will be relevant in years to come and monetize it. Leverage the online space to benefit yourself and people around you.


I came to clear the growing weed here but just before I sign out now, are you seeing the political climate in Nigeria? Do you know why we must be fully involved come 2023 election? I would implore you to get your PVC if you haven't. 


Just like I tweeted that even if your plan is to jakpa, you may likely still have relatives or friends in Nigeria and your failure to play your part may either make or mar everything. Let's not be fooled by just doing online/social media activism.


And please, be security conscious and vigilant wherever you are. The rising rate of insecurity is alarming and we've got to take up the responsibility ourselves. Na person wey dey alive go jakpa o. Watch and Pray!


Virtual hugs fam🤗🤗🤗


Comments

  1. I support o so make person know the next steps to go about

    ReplyDelete
  2. True talk my sister, God help us

    ReplyDelete
  3. E don tire us this is ridiculous we need to know our faith and see our result

    ReplyDelete
  4. We’re all stalked at home,we couldn’t engage ourselves in a long term goal all in the name of ‘insecurities’.I wish I had served ,would have gotten a job in Abuja but,NYSC made me reject some offers ,and some couldn’t employ me kos,when they hears that I’m awaiting corper they automatically say “NO”
    Omo,I really don’t think it can be better than this ooo.we should Just Up our games individually 💪

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, you've said nothing but the ultimate truth.

    Nigeria is a clueless Country at the moment, but verily, this too shall pass, In Sha Allah.

    May your ink of knowledge never runs dry,. You are doing well

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you always for this 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress