Skip to main content

Blood Sisters 🎬



 Hey fam, Have you seen Blood sisters series on Netflix? I know the Nollywood critics would be like why the hype but calm down, it's high time we started embracing what our actors are creating so we can give both positive and negative honest criticisms that would help them do better.


So I didn't want to write anything on this movie before y'all think that is it just movie review everytime. A friend also watched the movie and she just kept saying what she felt about the movie and then I just asked her to give it a shot. She hesitated at first but penned something down anyway. Kindly read up fam


(Credit - AKADI MAYOWA )

Have you ever heard of the term bestie? you have one or seen duo call each other that? set awon partners in crime🤣🤣, bestie no be for mouth o, it's two friends that so much understand each other (as in they can read each other like a book) and can do anything I mean everything just to have each other's back, this is the case of Kemi and Sarah in Blood sisters.


E don happen🙄blood sisters, I actually assumed they are twin or egbon and aburo (siblings) judging from the title but alas their bond is beyond that. The movie is replete with crimes, desires, self interest, desperation, struggle for power and/or acceptance, class(rich and the poor) sexual harrassment/abuse, drug addiction, deceit, bribery and corruption, thirst for revenge and lots more.



Kola (the golden son of the Ademola's) got killed on his engagement day by his bride's maid of honour🙄e shock you? It was a form of bestie defence jare ehn not intentional but then killing is not justifiable, who will let the cat out of the bag bayii? Everyone assumed the groom had abandoned his bride and even Kemi and Sarah had to play along until body of Kola was found with his head chopped off. 


I can't even stomach it. Is it the struggle Kemi and Sarah had to go through in their run just to hide their mistake because it's isn't a crime to me🤫abi the dangers they encountered, the lives that had to end untimely (the greedy photographer, lover boy Kenny and the organ harvester doctor) the trauma Timeyin was subjected to and that she had to become a murderer too, the many lies the Ademolas had to use to cover up the family flaws. 


The way Yinka manipulates Femi, her husband with s*x as her tool and her callousness (she takes after her mother in law sha), the toxic relationship all kola's girlfriends were subjected to even though he is such a fine bobo and rich dude from the outside haaaaaaa🤦‍♀️ May we not be entangled with the wrong person. The sad part is the best man doesn't even know the kind of person Kola is.


Imagine the corruption in the system sha, as in despite the police kira kita in catching Kola's murder prime suspects, the DPO let Uncle B have them; I pity the poor Inspector Chicago. Sarah's parents plight nko? it's isn't a crime to want a better life now but definitely not at the detriment of one's happiness. (Credit- AKADI MAYOWA) She said hand was paining her 😅


Altogether I would say the movie is a good one from the scripting, production to the post production. The casts made awesome delivery, the directing is rated asides from the wedding scene where the hitman was too obvious for Kola to notice. The images are clear enough and the subtitles are excellent. 


I learnt a new word from Timeyin on twitter in her response to when she was asked how she managed to act the naked scene at the rehab. She said it was "body double". I looked it up in the dictionary and found out it is a stand-in for an actor, in scenes not involving the face, especially during scenes of nudity, or of dangerous activity. It's not new anyway especially in movies where same person acts as twain but me ehn I just learnt it.


We would be expecting season 2 to know if it was all Sarah's dream or not.


I salute friends like Kemi whose loyalty can be vouched for although it was extreme cos I can't pull trigger or butcher anybody o. Lol. We no go jam agbako


Virtual hugs fam🤗🤗🤗


Comments

  1. 💪💪💪

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing well.. And I know you can do much more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said and it’s detailed enough… even me who hasn’t seen d movie I got an insight of wat is about… good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mayowa never disappoints, I read this because of you babe. It's up to notch for me. 🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress