Skip to main content

I have seen馃憖



I have seen

But could be in trouble if I say


I have seen a wife

lied to her husband

that she's away to see her mum

when in actuality

promiscuity took her from Ibadan to Lagos


I have seen a husband

pretending before the wife to be broke

but giving luxury to Bola the side chick

getting home late with excuse on traffic

raining curses on his innocent boss


I have seen some children

multiplying tuition fee by four

for flex and designer tops

prodigious living on parent's loan


I have seen

But could be in trouble if I say


I have seen pickpockets

at bus stops during rush hour

unleashing their terror 

but "fem" my mouth is shut


I have seen MDs

who pretend to be kind

desperate to taste honey in jar

before giving out the job

"use what you have to get what you want"

Congratulations, resume on Monday


I have seen business owners

selling their products and services

with exaggerated qualities

Mere falsity for pecuniary gains


I have seen

But could be in trouble if I say


I have seen politicians

promising heaven on earth

sugar-coated mouth of men and women

failed promises in four years or eight


I have seen celebrities

flaunt wealth and bask in affluence

expensive life for the gram

may be suffering and smiling


I have seen pastors

stage miracles

heresies and misinterpreted scriptures

dancing to devil's tune at midnight

most righteous at daytime


My eyes have seen

My ears have heard

But I could be in trouble if I say


© Lollycious


What have you seen that you can't say?

Virtual hugs fam

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blood Sisters 馃幀

 Hey fam, Have you seen Blood sisters series on Netflix? I know the Nollywood critics would be like why the hype but calm down, it's high time we started embracing what our actors are creating so we can give both positive and negative honest criticisms that would help them do better. So I didn't want to write anything on this movie before y'all think that is it just movie review everytime. A friend also watched the movie and she just kept saying what she felt about the movie and then I just asked her to give it a shot. She hesitated at first but penned something down anyway. Kindly read up fam (Credit - AKADI MAYOWA ) Have you ever heard of the term bestie? you have one or seen duo call each other that? set awon partners in crime馃ぃ馃ぃ, bestie no be for mouth o, it's two friends that so much understand each other (as in they can read each other like a book) and can do anything I mean everything just to have each other's back, this is the case of Kemi and Sarah in Bloo...

Jedi-Jedi 馃拪

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav...

King of Thieves Agesink贸l茅 馃幀

Let me start with the slogan "Agesink贸l茅 kan omo re pupo - kuo beun na" So sorry if you don't understand yoruba or haven't seen the movie yet. I'll help by saying Agesink贸l茅 is literally translated as "He who rides horse to rob houses." Lol King of Thieves is an epic story of betrayal that revolves round a prince who was deprived of the throne by the king makers. He was set up as a thief by those he has solely trusted and faced the brutal punishment of death. In a quest for vengeance, he reincarnated and troubled the town violently by carting away goods even with no regards for human life. The movie is indeed a complete package from the casts to the props, the costume, the language, the directing, the clean production and post production.  You know, I just can't be wait to be told after seeing the paparazzi from the premiere and the thriller, mehn.... I became so much inquisitive as to what exactly the content was and can say I truly got the value fo...