Skip to main content

The Tinder Swindler🎬

 


Apparently when this movie started showing on Netflix, I was busy with my final year stress, exams and projects inclusive so I had little or no time to watch movies as that.


The movie revolves round a social media fraudster known as Simon who put up an expensive lifestyle on the Tinder dating app to swindle women who have basically fallen in love with him and believed him to be true. These three women victims basically were the ones narrating their ordeals that became a movie.


He claimed to be the son to a wealthy family who deal in diamonds and convinces people with the documentation of his luxurious lifestyle on social media especially on instagram.


Can we say dating app is now bad? Well, no. There have been so many experiences of people who have met their partners on these dating sites and are still doing well.


Okay now, I want to believe those that fall for people like Simon are the ones who are attracted by prodigious lifestyle. Awon long-throat babes and guys who seek validation online. Social media is what we take it to be and our motive on it really matters.


A lot of people out here are looking for preys to devour. They are as broke as church rat but are pretentious in order to attract rich people. There's a saying that "you attract your kind of people." Meaning that when you look rich, there's a tendency that well-to-do individual become your friend. The ladies were not 419 in this case, they were simply looking for the perfect match.


So I heard of a story about a family who are in the lower class category but because they believe that when their children move with rich people, they would likely be upgraded too, they had to take a loan to send their first child to a private institution hoping that when the child moves with those wealthy children their standards would be changed. In the long run, the proposed wealthy children he became friends with in school are also from a poor background hoping to become friends with influentials. They both became loosers.


As yoruba would say "tani ko gbon ogbon ka feran senu ka wati (who doesn't know the wisdom of a piece of meat disappearing in the mouth)." When you're trying to fake your personality on social media, someone dubious too is out there to get you. And when you eventually fall into such person's hands, you'll be swindled of that little you have. You think say you dey wise? Lol


The koko of the matter is, no one writes the kind of person they are on their foreheads, I mean those you meet online particularly. That cool one with a very alluring profile may be very deadly and vice versa. 


Well sha, I do not like how the movie ended cos the swindler didn't get the punishment he deserved as something was not right in there.


One thing I've relearned is not be blinded by fine pictures, followers, expensive vacation and the likes, it just could be a bait. Follow your instincts. It's importanter! Don't give out so many information and details about you to someone you've barely known. It just could be dangerous.


Do not be so loose and careless all in the guise of being an extrovert and a fun to chat with kinda person.

The days are evil and some people are evil likewise. Be wise as serpent.


So, do you want to share your experience with someone you met online?Good or bad?


Virtual hugs fam🤗🤗🤗


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress