Skip to main content

Overcoming inferiority ๐Ÿคณ

 

There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay


I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions.


I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately.


For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi'


Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any other person even before I gained admission that I was an undergraduate of University of Ilorin. 


It moved from there to looking for means to 'tush' my Ibarapa Polytechnic by telling people I'm a student of The Polytechnic Ibadan, Eruwa campus. It got to a point that I don't want people in my neighborhood to even know where I school.


We've so much been made to see University graduate as hero as though Polytechnic students went to play. Lol. No wonder the federal government is yet to fully remove the HND/Bsc dichotomy by delaying the passage of the bill into law.


Flashback to 2017 when I went to greet a friend at the University of Ibadan, postgraduate student to be precise. We've been talking when one of his friends entered and decided to start a conversation with me. When he asked me where I school, Chizos! I wanted to enter the ground. I became really reluctant to go further and I had to excuse myself. I never knew why I was like that though.


It got worse when I met a new person, I was really trying to be free until he asked "are you a UIte?" Omoooh how will I say I'm a Polyte or even add that I school in The Ibarapa Polytechnic Eruwa. I battled really hard.


Now, I can say I've really grown out of being inferior. Like I say the name of my school with full chest. I've gotten to a stage when someone assumes I'm a UIte and I quickly correct the notion that I'm a Mass Communication Graduate of Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic Eruwa. When I realise you don't get it, I give additional description to update your knowledge about my alma mater.


From the period of shying away from conversation about the school to intentionally tagging the name of the school in my social media posts and representing the school everywhere I go. Do I even have a choice? P.R.Os are image makers and I can proudly say the school got the publicity it deserves during my time.


Inferiority??? Yenyenyenyen. No time. Even though I'm not stopping here as an HND holder, I'm ready to stay side by side with University degree holders and even stay above.


This is to everyone out there, as Apostle Paul told Timothy in the holy scripture that he should not allow anyone despise his youth, I'm also telling you not to allow anyone make you feel inferior or belittle you.


Whatever dream you have decided to pursue, pursue it well and don't be limited! Don't limit yourself in your thoughts, actions or words. You can always soar!


Virtual hugs fam ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—





Comments

  1. Thumbs up Lollycious
    A big fan of your blog
    Keep going
    Proud to be Aopites

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! So true!!

    BTW, Congratulations Fam!๐Ÿ’ž
    May this be the start of greater things yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gladdens my heart that you understand this. We don't have to belittle ourselves but we can also halt that in another dimension, i.e by stepping up our games.

    We don't have to stop here, even at at, we have to be strong on the desert so that the tree beside river will cling to our knees and ask how we survive more than it.

    Cool write up, anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ❤️❣️Congratulations darling
    AOPE to the world ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi ๐Ÿ’Š

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big๐Ÿ”˜

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress