Skip to main content

Do the undoable 💪



I'm grateful for the fact that I've moved from the position of "I can't" to "I can try"


I've seen so many people belittle themselves when they are asked to do some things, you'll hear "Me I know myself o, I can't do this thing at all." By the power bestowed on me now🤣 I'm telling you to please let go of that mindset. It ties you down so badly.


I want to see a generation that dares to do, a generation that challenges the undoable. The worst form of failure you can never have is not trying at all.


Fine, some people know their strengths and weakness as to what they are good at or bad at. But just because you're good at something doesn't mean you can upgrade yourself in what you think you are bad at. Guess what? You can turn out the best.


I've read so many motivational books that says if you know what you're good at, just focus on that and leave the rest. Well, I'm not disputing that but my dear, the world has gone beyond staying within a confinement. You see ehn, you need to explore other angles.


There's an interview I read some times past about a medical student in OAU that's also a cobbler. She had learnt that during one of their long term strike. Imagine how it is like to switch between science and art. Why do you think she hadn't gone to learn patent medicine or probably stayed at a laboratory throughout?


She must had first thought to herself that "am I okay?" or "am I sure I would be able to do it" or even spoken to a friend who might have dissuaded her like "alaye, shey you know what you're doing bayi" but she still tried to learn. If she had failed at it or probably realised it's something she can't do, we wouldn't have been hearing about her now. She chose to challenge herself.


Look here, I'm not saying you should be a jack of all trades. Noooo. But don't be so comfortable in what you think you can do. There are abilities in you that may never be explored till you die so why not exercise some now.


I had never thought I would be in tech as a lifestyle blogger/ content creator. I just wanted to try it out and quit if it's not working but I realised I'm so comfortable telling people about myself and several other things.


Unless you try out something, you may never know how good you are at that. 


Some of us see fliers of competitions online and immediately tell ourselves that "this definitely isn't for me" Why not just give it a trial first? At least, if you were not selected, you would have known you tried to still participate and look out for more opportunities. Who knows if you would blow people's mind in the next one and be the winner?


True true, I would say you're the enemy of you if you don't try new things out. Don't be so complacent within yourself as to your strengths, some may be hidden. Unless you play ball, you may never know if you're an excellent player. You can't just be sitting and be telling people "I'm a bad player o" They will ask you how do you know?


Most successful people nowadays never knew they could do what they are doing now. All they did was change their mindset from "I can't" to "Lemme even try it out first" and see them now in billions. Yeah, it's that simple!


The world needs people who can be flexible to learn, relearn and unlearn. At the long run, when they ask you "can you do this?" Be honest to say "I can try it out now and in few days time, I should be able to do well in it"


That's just the spirit! Just dare to challenge YOU.


Virtual hugs FAM 🤗🤗🤗


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot