Skip to main content

Long time no blog🥴



Oh goodness, taking a break from here seems to be taking forever. A whole month??? Damn


This is me listening to Running to You by Chike right now and all I can hear is my blog calling on me that ''lollycious, why has thou forsaken me?''


You know what? I'm back with full force.... yeaga


So, as I entered here after a while I noticed I needed to dust, remove the cobwebs, mop the floor and finally fumigate. Would be needing herbicide too cos I noticed the weed around the LOLLYCIOUSTALKS compound. Lol


Here's the gist so you all can know what's up with me all these period. Two phones were stolen in my bag on my sister's wedding (I mean mine and my bride's) on the first day of the month. Kai, e shock me.


Prior to this time, I had been losing interest in blogging because of the dropped readership statistics due to network issue and I thought of quitting but a part of me is still saying ''baby continue.''


Back to the phone issue. The more I described the incidence, the more I had looked like a fool to people by saying that I dropped my bag in care of people to go take pictures with the bride, was told by the MC it wasn't the turn of the bride's family yet and going back to my seat to get the highest shock of my life, my bag had been opened when I was so sure it was closed properly few seconds ago.


It was the closing hour already and the church was already looking scanty due to the fact that majority of the guests had left for the reception venue.


I didn't want to believe the phones were stolen at first, I looked around and then asked people nearby to start calling the numbers. They rang at first then the two lines became switched off like instantly. Chineke🙆


I regretted not raising an alarm immediately because I didn't want the atmosphere to change and cause the bride to be worried.


Mehnnnnn, it was hard to believe ooo. Two phones worth more than 100k altogether. I hated myself for falling victim. At first, I became desperate to look for it by all means even if it's by consulting the oracle or a diety. Lol, don't mind me. I just couldn't believe my smartness could be outweighed.


I was lambasted by almost everyone. It was as though I had lost the phones intentionally or maybe misplaced them and a lucky someone picked them up.


Omooooh, I cried my eyes out. It must have been as a result of stolen phones and me missing my sister at the same time. Like, I locked myself up and wailed terribly. Why should it be me on the first day of the month? Was eventually consoled by people who made me see reasons why I should thank God nothing more than that happened.


Fast forward, I traveled back to school that Sunday without any phone. You see ehn, it is better to have a faulty phone than one's phone to be stolen oooo. Everything about me looked different. Thoughts flying in my head was ''How would I cope without a smartphone?''


I went back to Ibadan that same week, got my sim cards retrieved without a phone to insert them. E choke. Well, a good friend came to my aid and I went digital again but at a pace I'm still unsure about. Still thinking in my head, how will I get a new phone bayi???


Booooom, when it was seeming unreal of whether I was still going to use a phone in the first half of the year, a new phone landed! New whip alert🤭


I've missed you all. I guess you've been good??


Gist continues...


Virtual hugs FAM 🤗🤗🤗


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress