Skip to main content

Lockdown to Stay up

Hiyaaaa 👋
Happy lockdown to you but incase you aren't really lockdown as you ought to be, happy unlockdown then😀.

I don't know if you are as baffled as I am right now about the spread of COVID-19. Well, the amount of fear still can't be compared to the amount of hope I have for survival. I calm myself with "Fear not, We'll be fine." Please do likewise 😁

I won't lie to you the number of confirmed cases in Nigeria has risen far beyond the updates released.

Did you ask me how? OK, there are some set of people who have been noticing the symptoms or they might even be asymptomatic but deep down they know they are in for it, due to the society we are in where these people know they can be quickly stigmatized, they tend to keep mute and just act as if nothing is wrong with them thereby causing harm to whosoever come in contact with them. You can agree with me now right?

How I wish all hands could be on deck against the spread of this COVID-19. Can we all realize we ain't stuck at home but safe, I mean very safe.

We all complain of no money, no food, like there's really nothing but mind you, some people at this time are building houses, buying cars, celebrating achievements of all sorts. Should I even say it's not as bad as we take it to be.

I was passing through a popular market on a market day, I was awed by the crowd in the market I was like I thought these people said there was no money, how come we can't even differentiate between the road and the market simply because everywhere was jam-packed with the buyers outnumbering sellers.

Nonetheless, we still need money and enough parliatives from the government. I know some families still can't feed even before this time. These are the real vulnerables that the government should look out for and not to be partial in their disbursement.

This period shouldn't be used for activities that wouldn't UPGRADE us though, it's not about going about to savage in all social media, most especially youths, let's be actively productive.

Add value to yourself by reading a book, taking a course, networking online, learning a skill and other activities that would pull you up. After the pandemic, "the kingdom of workforce will suffer violence" to say that only the digitally upgraded ones will be sustained.

Finally,  l would implore us to stay safe by staying at home, that's the only way to curtail the spread so we can all resume our various activities on time.

If it is COMPULSORY to go out, wear a face mask, be socially distant, avoid handshakes and hugs, avoid touching of face, wash your hands under running water with soap or use hand sanitizer, eat well cooked nourishing foods and lastly maintain a good hygiene.

This time shall definitely pass.

Social distancing won't allow me hug you so please take this kiss on your screen.💋

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi-Jedi 💊

It seems as if jedijedi (chop yansh chop yansh) was propagated the past few weeks because I can count the number of people that had it. Even as I speak, it's still not fully flushed out of my system. Although there is no accurate english medical word for it, pile or hemorrhoids is widely known as jedijedi in Yoruba and it's caused by sweet or sugary things.  It's symptoms include itchy anus, abdominal and lower back pain, erectile dysfunction, diarrhoea, general body weakness and many more. You see ehn, whenever I see these salesman in car playing their herbal mixtures jingles for protruding anus, I was always laughing and making jest of those that could have found themselves in that particular health condition or probably thinking it only happens to children. I was shocked when I noticed my anus has protruded too. (this thing na turn by turn sha) Lol. I knew my sugar intake would immensely increase when I could no longer prepare food at home due to a tight schedule. I leav

Overcoming inferiority 🤳

  There are two sets of people reading this: those that have experienced my current state and those looking forward to it. Maybe I haven't said this but right now I'm blogging as a graduate. Yaaaay I'm not here to wail and narrate ordeals but you would agree with me the journey isn't bread and butter if you study in any of Nigeria's federal or state owned institutions. I want to believe that whoever has taken a step to pursue whether NCE, ND, HND, B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Agric/B.Tech, L.Lb or any other program in a tertiary institutions should be lauded indiscriminately. For someone like me, I would say it's the survival of the fittest. Almost weighed down and battling with inferiority complex among my friends in the university but at last I had to shake it off as in 'odeychi' Prior to this time, I mean about 5years ago during my ND, I always try to evade conversation that probe into where I school. I could remember how I would always lie to an admirer or any ot

Something big🔘

We all get happy when we hear our share is bigger than someone else's. Naturally as humans, we would always want more just like Oliver Twist. Shall I say we even hate to share things equally among others? We are most likely to negotiate with others to make them see reasons why we should have more of the normal share. Just like two people sharing the sum of #10,000, one may have to remind the other that he's older, whether he knows the person that gave them the money or maybe he worked more. So, I was eating pounded yam and egusi this afternoon (Well, I'm not willing to entertain any question about how I got the meal package sha). The meat was big and looks too gluttonous to be consumed but deep down I kind of like the fact that the meat was big. Most times, we want big things. Getting big pay, big contracts, big meats, big apartments even some guys like ''big and bang-bodied ladies.'' But wait, with all this big big stuff, what if someone gifted you a dress